Tuesday, March 22, 2016

MARCH 7-14,2016

Twinners Again

FREEPORT PRETZEL TWINNERS
DONUT ALL Y'ALL WORRY , I'm doing AWESOME ! I got my donuts :) DONUT FORGET THE DONUTS πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‚

YES BE JEALOUS OF MY COOL MISSION CITY

I SCREAM U SCREAM ,WE ALL SCREAM 4 ICE CREAM 🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦😍❤️😘  Our ward had a ward pinewood derby and we got to race a car. It was
pretty fast but not good enough I guess. Hey it was still fun and some
kids don't even have cars to race , so it was a privledge. AND we got
m&ms as a prize .... Basically we scored πŸ˜‚  




HEADLINE:
MISSIONARY RECEIVES PAMPERED TREATMENT WHILE TEACHING & TESTIFYING OF THE SAVIOR:MISSIONARIES IN SHOCK FOREVER: DEADLY TOXINS  RELEASED: MISSIONARY IN LASTING SHOCK πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜³πŸ˜¬


We thought we were showing up to the glasses for a "regular lesson " with sister Canada but little did we know she's a reflexology pro and so in her mind this "visit" was for her to give us a "spa day treatment" ( which on any other day would be awesome except on missionary time ! Haha -- it felt great though! ) she was showing us what she knows about how if you massage the feet you can release bad toxins in the body somehow and release tight spots too. She also had us soak our feet in water that got rid of bad toxins in our body as it turned different colors she could tell us what those were that were released. I got my feet rubbed and my comp got to soak her feet in water to release toxins. HANDS DOWN, WEIRDEST lesson we've ever had! πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜³She also made us try a shakeology shake , so if you ever find yourself in this situation .... Keep convo centered in gospel πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ man my feet were A- WAY SOFT & B- felt sooo much better and relaxed Haha yeah I felt soooo bad cause we were there too long but we finally were able to have a lesson and be pampered Haha oh boy.


I Met Jewish guy whose ancestors got gassed in chambers  during the holocaust. He told us more about it. And then I talked to him about family history and importance of It.
I then Shared my Jewish background -- and how my last name is polish and he said while lookin at my name tag ,  "look at that...certainly is!"   I felt like he was a celebrity for some reason probably cause he had an interest in the holocaust too idk πŸ˜‚ but dang it was a cool experience. It's funny watching ppl try to say my name as they try to sound out "Γ„llowitz" πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
#struggleisreal


HOLY COW, so funny story, we have a weekly planning session each week usually on Thursdays to plan out our next week and  we say a prayer to begin our planing and pray more specifically for many more investigators and members and I know this is gonna be hard to believe
( haha DEF NOT) but I Said a 35 min prayer πŸ˜‚ I kid you not ! We have 3 hours to plan and in the middle of my prayer my comp stopped me nicely and said we needed to start planning. That prayer is usually longer anyway cause we are praying specifically to receive inspiration and revelation for our areas.  Looks like I Beat gma c's record πŸ˜‚Haha jk gma. But seriously a 35 min prayer haha I cannot even right now. Literally Stacy. And I could've kept going for who knows how long if my comp hasn't stopped me. Geez. Yup I like to talk a lot.

Many ppl we meet tracting have been challenging us to re think what we believe cause they say we're "wrong" and have been deceived. Interesting hearing people's side of life and religion.
Makes me sad for people.

When there is Sunshine in my face and I get to share the gospel  =  me smiling forever , I am so happy to be able to have the opportunity to share the gospel with others. This isn't just the gospel here people ... This is the thing that has brought me and so many others like you soooo much joy and happiness. So I'm soooo grateful Heavenly Father has so graciously given me the opportunity to be apart of this wonderful work for 18 months.



Illinois sunsets = BEAUTIFUL!!!!!  Illinois has KILLER sunsets !!!! Ah GORGEOUS!!!! ❤️❤️❤️


Here's some ppl I love so much..... Some Investigators & members we teaching ---to give you a better idea of how much I love I have for the people and area here....
  • Jackson ... Ahhh we met him tracting. And one of the members of our ward was one of his good buddies and he's shared soooo much about the church with Jackson and HE IS SOOOO GOLDEN & wants to LESRN more BUT he's Going to navy πŸ˜­  he actually left today and it makes me so bummed we didn't find him earlier cause he seriously was GOLDEN like I said. His buddie in my ward I'm serving in did soooo good in giving him a Book of Mormon in high school and they always talked about church. Jackson even said he loved reading the Book of Mormon so much that he couldn't put it down but he had to stop reading it cause he wasn't doing his high school homework. Now how often do you hear that ?...uh NEVER people !  I really do feel like we were less to him. So cool ! I have faith he'll join one day. Before he left we gave him a Book of Mormon and some churchy pamphlets about the restoration and how the church was established and the first things missionaries teach people. He said he was so grateful for them and is really excited to read them. Sometimes as missionaries or when you're sharing the gospel with people , all you may be able to do is plant seeds and that is JUST AS IMPORTANT as when people get baptized cause the seeds planted help the person grow heir testimony more and more cause you're starting them on that path. 
  • Sis. Glass - she's an interesting one but I love her ! She said if she has enough notice we are coming to her house she's gonna feed us , she's so kind and always makes us food. Missionaries love food especially free food theta already prepared :) there are many members here who feed us so often. It's great! 
  • Sis. Davis , I think I talked about her last week a little. Oh she's wonderful. Always so happy and positive. And she always makes us food too and shares it with us even though she doesn't have a lot. Reminds me of widows might. She's a kindred spirit for me 
  • Amber , a recent convert .... It'll be a here in July, she's so crazy and spunky and fun. And so so kind ! She loves the missionaries and was sooo golden when they taught her. We're still teaching her the new missionary lessons. Sometimes she'll come to lessons and tracting with us. On Saturday she took us out to eat and get ice cream. Oh my GOSH....BEST ICE CREAM IVE EVER TASTEST IN MY ENTIRE LIFE😍😍😍😍😍😍🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦❤️❤️❤️❤️ we were gonna go there for PDAY but sad thing is it's closed :( don't fear we're planning on going sometime this week for dinner but that'll just be consisting of PURE ice cream. Celestial ice cream. No joke it's celestial ice cream. Anyway, Amber really is one of a kind and she's sooo strong and solid in the gospel dispite her hardships. I love her ! Another kindred spirit. 
  • Sis Jeffrey calls me her " lil Texan" , she has a daughter in Texas & sis. Jeffrey makes Mexican food for us always , so awesome , she calls us all the time asking if we need some food , craziest and sassiest Mexican I ever met , on Saturday night she calls us and asks if we needed food ... Went to her house and talked forever and kept adding food for us to take and then said " oh do you like cake ? Oh do you like this? Oh I'll make you some of this. Oh take some of this." LOVE HER ❤️ such a connection! I LOVE  HER SASS and Whit. She's half Indian and half Mexican I think she said , pretty rad! 


I LOVE PRESIDENT Griffin  & his wife sister griffin ! They're the XUTEST!!!❤️
he is from the south ... They're kindred spirits too! They're such a cute couple ! I know I was meant to have them as my mission president and wife. He's so tall and she's way shorter. So cute !

Do y'all Remember when I told you ppl were answering door w/out shirts .... Well we had an interesting thing happen this last week.... A Man open door w/out pants
Haha. THANK HEAVENS we didn't see anything ! πŸ˜³πŸ˜³πŸ˜³πŸ˜³πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸš«πŸš«πŸš«πŸš«
WHY do people NOT use clothes ?! I mean I TOTALLY get some kids don't even have clothes but most people atleast have something they can put on to cover their nakedness πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ geez. I cannot  take this haha.


There's this house that looks like a sketchy drug place or something & I call it "Freeport meth lab" , it's a Creepy house building looking thing that seems haunted and I'm sure drug things happen there.


I'm Teaching comp to be sassy, ya know the good kind ? πŸ˜ ✨πŸ‘―
In pictures and stuff !


I'm the  minority here πŸ˜‚it's awesome !


We still hear gunshots and sirens often.....sirens everyday! This town is legit. #crime

We Met an elderly people while tracting who let us in and talked for an hour about gospel and helped answer their questions .... Since they have heard a LOT about the church. We Left a  BofM , hoping & praying the lady reads it.
She said she's way busy but she reads during her 1 hour exercise time on her treadmill each day and so i can math this much : if she reads the BofM everyday for 1 hour for 6-7 days a week that's 6-7 hours a week she can read the BofM which would be AWESOME !!!

Presidente Griffin talked to us last week during zone training about our music choices and about how even though our music is still "churchy" it may not be helping us with our missionary purpose and to be the best instruments in the lords hands that we can be. So he invited us to look through our music & clean it out and really follow the spirit as we do so and to use common sense & be smart and wise about it.
And then after that the AP's ( assistants to presidente) said after they cleaned out their music they found FOUR new investigators !!! FOUR !!!!
That's more than I've found my WHOLE mission so far! We are REALLY struggling to find and get new investigators. And sis. Smith and I have been trying to think of ways we can do better so we can get the results we want & the ones w know heveanly father knows we can get.
So after zone training sis. Smith and I decided to go on a music fast for a week to see if we feel or see differently and so we can really seek for that inspiration and revelation and help we've been in dire need of lately.
It's been cool to see the things you can receive when you make sacrifices.
We don't have 4 new investigators BUT we did meet some really cool people who seemed pretty solid that we are praying and hoping will be interested. For now we go forth with faith and keep planting those seeds.
I know we may be struggling now but I know that just as it says in PMG ( preach my gospel) a missionary's success is determined  by their commitment to find and teach people. I know that as my comp and I diligently do that we'll surely be blessed with new investigators.

I am so grateful for this time I have in 18 months to be shattered from my old self and be put back together with the "refiners fire" into the person God knows I always have been and the person my spirit desperately needs & wants me to remember.
Missions are tough but the everlasting eternal joy I will receive and those I teach will receive is priceless.
I am so grateful for a loving savior who suffered and died , Atoned, for me and all of us so I can one day return back to be in the presence of my loving heavenly father.
I am grateful to know I'm not alone ever because Christ KNOWS exactly how I feel and what I'm going through because he's been there and done that.
He carried the cross for you and me , he carried it for us all and because of that he helps me carry my cross during hard times.
I know this church , Christs church , the church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints IS true with all my heart. I know the Book of Mormon is true & because I know that , I know that Joseph smith was a prophet a god. And I know God calls prophets now just as he did in times of old. I know president Thomas. S. Monson is the prophet God has called today to help lead and guide us in the direction we need to go. God hasn't left us alone. ( John 14:14-18) He loves us so much. Please follow the prophet , as you do you'll be blessed immensely. If you don't you'll be lead astray.
I know I am here in the Illinois Chicago west mission at this time and this place and area for a reason. I have already been able to see some of those reasons and I'm grateful God has so graciously entrusted me and given me the privledge to teach his children and help them remember the things they once knew and the things that truly bring me so much happiness.
If you or someone you know wants NEVER ENDING happiness .... my answer for you in how to get that is .... This gospel. Christs church. It really is of great value and importance. If you don't feel happy or feel life is too hard to stand , KNEEL. I promise you as you pour out your heart to God he WILL listen and help you.
I know these things are true.
I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ amen.

I love you All!
THANK YOU again for all your kindness and supourt !
I know I'm so loved.



I'd love to hear from y'all ! 

❤️ love Seester Γ„llowitz 
1319 Butterfield Rd. #552 
Downers Grove, IL 60515

karigan.allowitz@myldsmail.net

No comments:

Post a Comment