Tuesday, March 22, 2016

March 14, 2016 Freeport and new friends


"Downtown Freeport" -- seriously such a joke haha like " downtown Rexburg"
Seriously these small towns cracks me up.
Looks like I found my future hubby 😂😂😂 jk jk jk
Darrien, his mom is a member whose fallen away too, but he hasn't. We've been teaching him and his sister and are preparing for them to be baptized mid April. The date keeps changing so fingers crossed it'll all work out !
So he was at the grocery store with his grandma Amber and he saw these chocolate crosses and said "Grandma, I want to buy these Easter treats for the missionaries."
When she told us he said that, my heart melted that had thought of us. It made me feel special and that somehow we've made at least a little impact in his life.
He's seriously the CUTEST!!!❤️ he comes from a hard, sad family background and life but geez he's the happiest and sweetest and craziest kid you've ever met!
I think after the mish I'm gonna kidnap him 😏
This is Bert, one of our wonderful wonderful members! She's been less active for most of her life and turned her life around and started coming back about a year ago. Her son Joey was actually baptized. He's so awesome too. They are such wonderful examples to me! Our area has TONS of less active members and people who have fallen away. It's given me soooo much added measure of faith and hope that those family members and friends I have that have fallen will one day come back. Of course, I knew that before, but oh boy being here on the mission has helped me see that even more. Way cool how Heavenly Father helps us see things like that when we're willing to see them and learn and grow.
Bert, feeds us once EVERY WEEK ! And one of these last times she made us a FEAST.... STEAK medium rare I might add 😍😏 , AND SHRIMP w/ cocktail sauce , baked potatoes, and bread smothered in yummy butter!
Holy heavens this meal was one of the best I've had on the mission!




No comments:

Post a Comment