Monday, February 6, 2017

February 6, 2017

Life is ALWAYS better with ice cream !
Sis. Alvarez is the greatest!
Sheila is so wonderful. Love her !
Brother Beyer always talks about the Abrahamic Covenant. And it's
really really good cause families are forever. I'm very grateful
he has helped us learn more about this and not forget it.
#brobeyer101.
Brother Beyer got me MILK CHOCOLATE ALMONDS 😻😻😻😻my fav !!!!
It's so awesome cause somehow the other night at dinner with the Beyers we talked about this. The next time BOOM here's my almonds. ❤
So funny story .... this is Hermana Noguierra. She's a sister trainer.
We've been on exchanges a couple times, and it's been a blast. I have
always felt so connected with her, as if we've known each other for
years! And everytime we'd be on exchanges or at meetings she'd say, "well, when we are companions .... or oh this is perfect for when we
become companions " 😂😂😂😂 I was like yeah that would be fun but
don't jinx me being the next sister training leader now. Ha
So the best part is ..... drum roll please ....
WE WILL BE COMPANIONS THIS TRANSFER. I AM THE NEXT SISTER TRAINING LEADER!
I am super excited. I have big shoes to fill, but I'm excited.
It's like being an assistant to the president, but on the sister side.
Did I mention I just love this woman? Cute haircut❤
Sister Havey!!!! Love her !!! ❤❤❤❤ and of course Elder Golling and Elder Wilson had to photobomb, ha.
Sis. Lynette was sick, so she gave us money to go to 5 Guys. ❤❤❤
Love her. I love his place!!!!
Sheila. Aka Sister Gaza! ❤She's an amazing investigator! She watched "The District" missionary videos ALL on her own. We were in a lesson and she said,
"I was watching 'the District' and it was cool to see I'm not alone, and that I have some of the same struggles they do. And y'all are teaching me the same things they taught their investigators"
I was Blown Away. She's seriously so great. She also said her daughter told her she's noticed a huge difference in Sheila, and that the Book of Mormon and this Restored Gospel must have a lot to do with it.
Seriously could anyone of asked for a greater investigator ?!!????
She also has expressed desires to go on a mission and do what we do.
I told her even though I'm getting transferred that I'll do whatever it takes." She said, "oh no I'll come pick you up!"
It's been such a blessing to be a part of Sheila's journey and her process of investigating the church. She's so special and has a special spot in my heart. I really love her!!!
She's such a great example and inspiration to me. I wanna be like her when I grow up.
I've never met someone who loves the Lord more.
The Navas family.

I LOVE THIS VIEW !!!😻😻😻😻
Sis. Buhrmester!!!!


Can y'all believe it's February already? Yeah, me neither. It goes by sooooo fast when you're having a blast being a missionary. 

Question: IF THE SAVIOR STOOD BESIDE YOU would you be fluent in "whinese" or complain or murmur? Yeah EXACTLY, you better not! So how do you overcome those feelings of negativity and a super poopy attitude???? Well I got a great solution to help this problem. One of them is to wrestle And get it out. I've done that with some companions to get it out of them and help them KNOCK IT OFF. It really does work. I promise. 
And yet here's a better solution ..... ice cream. Haha okay just kidding. 
Here's the VERY  BEST SOLUTION: It's actually from the prophet which is from the Lord , so LISTEN UP YALL!...Serving and loving and helping others come unto Christ is it. I know at first it seems overwhelming but it's not if you do as the Savior did and just focus ONE BY ONE is all it takes. 
3 Nephi 18:36:
"And it came to pass that when Jesus had made an end of these sayings, he touched with his hand the disciples whom he had chosen, one by one, even until he had touched them all, and spake unto them as he touched them." 

I know life is rough because of circumstances, but we DON'T by ANY means need to make it more miserable than needed. So SMILE! Be HAPPY!!! Go lift and encourage others and see the joy and happiness it'll bring to your life and theirs. 

There's a great conference talk I came across recently entitled 
 "FINDING JOY IN THE JOURNEY". I wanna invite all of y'all to read it cause it's soon good..."not to let those most important things pass you by as you plan for that illusive and nonexistent future when you will have time to do all that you want to do. Instead, find joy in the journey--now...there is no tomorrow to remember if we don’t do something today....." 

I love how this teaches us we can and will find joy as we focus on the NOW.  If we don't then we'll CONSTANTLY be searching for it and we'll constantly be miserable. And NO ONE wants that! 


Arthur Gordon wrote in a national magazine:
      “When I was around thirteen and my brother ten, Father had promised to take us to the circus. But at lunchtime there was a phone call; some urgent business required his attention downtown. We braced ourselves for disappointment. Then we heard him say [into the phone], ‘No, I won’t be down. It’ll have to wait.’
----
I LOVE how this father is a prime example of finding joy in the now and putting his children (his priorities) first. He recognizes what's most important and ACTS on it. He's awesome! What a great example for us all. 

President Thomas S. Monson has said: “To find real happiness, we must seek for it in a focus outside ourselves. No one has learned the meaning of living until he has surrendered his ego to the service of his fellow man. Service to others is akin to duty--the fulfillment of which brings true joy.”
---
I know as we FOCUS on the ONE we will be happy. Because that's what Christ would do and continue to do. 

I recently came across this quote & I really love it because no matter if we only have a few months left of our missions, life, a calling, a job, or whatever it might be .... we MUST press forward with firm faith and be a person of our word and DO WHAT WE SAY WE WILL DO. No one likes or benefits from one who makes a commitment and breaks it. DON'T BE A COMMITMENT BREAKER to others and especially not to our loving Father in Heaven. 
--
"Stick to your task ’til it sticks to you;
Beginners are many, but enders are few.
Honor, power, place and praise
Will always come to the one who stays. 
Stick to your task ’til it sticks to you; 
Bend at it, sweat at it, smile at it, too; 
For out of the bend and the sweat and the smile 
Will come life’s victories after a while. "
—Author Unknown 



FIRE BURNING peppers for SISTER TRAINING LEADER ..... what could be hotter than an Illinois summer ?? ... #pepper  
Serrano... have you ever had one ¿? It's literally the Hottest pepper ever  ðŸŒ¶ 
It's so funny and awesome... so the Navas family has a tradition (since Brother Navas is from Guatemala) where the missionaries ALWAYS eat a Serrano pepper when they come over for dinner. It's basically like "initiation" to the ward. And oh my goodness that thing is soooo hot. It's the pepper from Satan it's so hot. 😂🔥
It was fun doing this challenge with the Elders...... they might've cried. 
But on a spiritual note .... this is kinda like the gospel cause this pepper makes your insides BURN.  It can be on the side of feeling the spirit and knowing the church is true and continuing to grow your testimony OR it can be like sin. Because when you sin it hurts and it's hard because you often have feelings of guilt and shame BUT THANKFULLY, we don't always have to feel that way. We can feel happiness and be light as we turn to the Savior. And the pain goes away just as I had to eat lots of burritos and drink lots of Liminada to get the spice away. I didn't cry but oh my goodness my mouth and whole soul was on FIRE. It wasn't a happy feeling. But I know through the gospel we can be happy and not have pain associated with sin. 

Storal of the mory: 
DON'T eat Serrano peppers! And always, always rely and acknowledge the Savior in your life!!!
#burninginbosom
#repentanceisreal 


Headline take 2---- 
HAVE YOU Ever  SEEN A sister training leader on fire??? Well they do call me "girl on fire" sometimes back home 😂😂😂 those peppers make you hotter than an Illinois summer. 
So President Griffin has asked me to take the assignment of being the next sister training leader ( STL ) so wahoooo! I am really excited to go from training one sister to training many sisters and to be able to participate more in what happens with the mission. I have no idea what all we do as stall's, but I'm excited to find out. 

I really feel like Heavenly Father has prepared me for this moment my whole mission. Throughout my mission he's shattered me and built me back up into something and someone even better then before. He's taken me outside my comfort zone and helped me into my growth zone.  I am grateful for all I've been asked to do cause it's helped me a LOT. I love my mission. I love being a missionary. 
I'm excited to get to know more of the missionaries through this new assignment. I am grateful the Lord has trusted me so much with his children here in this mission, because again I've learned a lot from it. 
And I'm super excited to be companions with Sister Noguierra! I've been able to go on exchanges with her a couple times, and I've heard a lot about her. Now I actually get to serve with her. Everyone's joked about me being the STL one day and here it is ....
Sister Noguierra goes home next transfer so we will be laughing and having lots of fun sharing the gospel and training together and live it up before she goes on to the afterlife. I'm excited for this next adventure. I still cannot believe this is actually happening though ...,, prayers would be great 😂😂😂

Miracles :
  • So there's a less active member in our ward whose super stubborn, and yet loves the gospel. This person has been so shut off from missionaries for a long time because of bad experiences, but it's been cooling working with them for the last couple months to work on that relationship. This last week we had the MOST powerful spiritual lesson we've had with this family. They were in tears, and we broke the ice. They said, "the missionaries who found us are pretty special and you're both right up there with them". It was such a powerful experience. We were so touched. The spirit is awesome! 
  • went to 5 Guys for dinner 
  • Sunsets and sunrises continue to be so beautiful! 
  • Members gave us Dilly Bars, and I was thinking about them ALL week haha 
  • It's been SO ☀️ SUNNY!!!! I love it. 
  • We knocked on one of our potential investigators doors (he lives in an apartment complex). He wasn't  home, so we decided to knock his neighbors door.  This woman opened and she actually let us in, which doesn't usually happen. We got to teach her the Restoration and holy cow it was so cool! 

365 things learned as a missionary .... coming later .... just wait a little longer 😂😂 keeping the suspense up..... 


I know this church is true. Joseph Smith really was a prophet called of God. And I know he saw what he saw. I know what I've been sharing with people is indeed true. 


Stay happy and go serve! 

Sincerely , 
Hermana Karigan Ä


No comments:

Post a Comment