Monday, January 30, 2017

January 30, 2017

So get this y'all....
My friend Mette here is from Cali. We met a few moons ago when I was
nannying there. We were in the same ward. Crazy how we get called to
the same mission. And it was really cool cause in college she came to
my call opening and now here she is ! #connectionmaster


Hey y'all ! How's everyone doing today? Have you ever felt soooo down on yourself or wallowing away in self pity or just thinking about your own problems???  How do you feel afterwards? Usually pretty awful, right??? Well I have the cure for your stinking thinking !!! It is .... drum roll please ....
SERVICE. Service is what helps us all to be happier. WHY?? Well because we aren't thinking about ourselves, and we realize how much we really have. It puts ourselves into check and a reality. So if you're feeling any negative thing about yourself, life, or anyone else .... GO SERVE. If you can't think of something to do, then get off your buns and find something to do! There's neighbors, friends who need help and there are many service opportunities in your communities and even things within your own family. Don't just sit around feeling sorry for yourself. If you wanna get better GO HELP. After all, that's what Christ did always. He is the perfect example of selflessness and genuine love and service. I love him. 

At this point in my mission I really don't even wanna sleep, cause I just wanna be out and about sharing the gospel with EVERYONE & helping EVERYONE I can. Unfortunately I do need sleep to survive and not go crazy. I am grateful for the progress I've made because 13 months ago when the alarm when off for school or anything I just laid there to get a couple more minutes in before the "dreadful " wake up for reals. But NOW when the alarm goes off at 6:20 I jump right outta bed, pray, make my bed, and get going and get thinking right away about whose lives I can change and help today for the better. 

And HOW through the Lord I can do it. I am grateful through the Savior I've been able to change my attitude and toxic behaviors and that I can continue to do it as I have a desire and am willing to act on what needs to be done. I know we all can change and become better through the Savior cause. I've seen it time and time again. 
I love this gospel and I love being a missionary!!! I'm gonna give these last few months EVERYTHING I have. 

We all have toxic behaviors that we can let go of as we let the Savior in and let go of the things of the world. I know it's hard cause it's something I'm still working on myself, but I know it's sooo worth it and you feel sooo much better as you let go. So let go. First step is recognizing a need to change. And then making a game plan of how to do this. And then acknowledging the Savior and asking him for help in every step. 
And then acting in faith and doing what you need to do to let go of the bad and let the good in. Tell Satan and his buddies to GET OUT OF THERE ! 

DECLUTTER LIVES FROM INSIDE OUT. 
it's more than just physical. GET RID OF TOXIC BEHAVIORS :
  • procrastination 
  • Being a talker 
  • Fear
  • Lousy sleep habits 
  • Always right 
  • Evil speaking 
  • Negative thinking 
  • Complaining 
  • Jealousy 
  • Pride 
  • Wasting time 
  • Boisterous & loud 
  • Fault finding 

Fun fact , 
If you look at Illinois flag sideways in the dark it kinda looks like batman or a Luchadore 😂

Quote of the week
" DONT forget- NO ONE ELSE sees the world the way you do , so no one else can tell the stories that you can. " - Charles De Lint. 


As this hymn says the Savior can help us achieve goodness and become more like him as we Counsel with him in everything and turn to him always. 
-Alma 37:37 

More Holiness Give Me
1.
More holiness give me,
More strivings within,
More patience in suff’ring,
More sorrow for sin,
More faith in my Savior,
More sense of his care,
More joy in his service,
More purpose in prayer.
2.
More gratitude give me,
More trust in the Lord,
More pride in his glory,
More hope in his word,
More tears for his sorrows,
More pain at his grief,
More meekness in trial,
More praise for relief.
3.
More purity give me,
More strength to o’ercome,
More freedom from earth-stains,
More longing for home.
More fit for the kingdom,
More used would I be,
More blessed and holy—
More, Savior, like thee


Miracles this week :
  • Jamire 
We were helping a less active member move. The elders lost their apartment keys, Jamire came out to help us find them (he's the less actives neighbor).  He was so kind to help look. He couldn't find them, but we did get to talk to him about the gospel, and he's gonna come to church next week. He has a lot of really great questions and is excited to learn more. If the elders hadn't lost their keys we may not of had that opportunity cause a couple months ago with my last companion we met him because we were talking to his sister but he wasn't interested at the time. So really no one is a lost cause, because they'll come around ! 
  • Investigators moving and getting divorced. We went when we had an appointment and no one was there. We felt prompted to go down the street and contact other investigators, but no one was home either.   We come back to their house and there they were.  He's going through many hardships.  Crazy is that Sis. Lynette's dad was best friends with him in high school. And this is something that might soften her father's heart and help our investigator come closer to the gospel. 


Y'all have a fabulous week! 


-siostra Karigan Ällowitz


No comments:

Post a Comment