Monday, February 20, 2017

February 20, 2017






Crazy Chicago wind. πŸ’¨

Don't mess with Sharko here .....🦈🦈🦈🦈🦈🦈🦈
New investigator ??..
I got to see Sister Lynette!!!!

My beautiful and wonderful companion, Sister Nogueira! ❤❤These two 20 year olds might have a little too much fun....... πŸ˜‚#doubletrouble 
Gorgeous weather we are having!

Members made us Valentine's Day meal! Breakfast for dinner...one of
my favorites !!!!
I totally missed the "wear red" memo. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
One of these things is not like the other ....
I have the BEST companion ever haha.




HAPPY PRESIDENTS DAY everyone!!!!!! 
Hello y'all! It's been another awesome week. In the mission we've really been focusing on finding new investigators. Aka, more people to teach about the gospel cause it's been a big struggle for us. We had a mission fast a little while ago.  Also we, as a whole mission, have done the 40 day fast (thanks to Kieran sharing it with me)!!!! It has skyrocketed and made a HUGE difference in our mission. We have found so many people. Missionaries are changing for the better left and right. THANK YOU KIERAN for inviting us to do this. The mission couldn't be better. I am sooo grateful for the opportunity to become better personally and in the mission as a whole. It's been sooooooo cool to see the positive change within this area of the Lords vineyard. 
D&C 33:6-10

During our Zone Conference,  all missionaries got to do the "happy walk" with President Griffin around the building. #best role play ever. I am very grateful for President & Sister Griffin, because they're such great examples of smiling and being happy. And of course this gospel IS HAPPINESS. It should make us smile and shout for joy. I mean it did when we each chose to come here. So why not now? Exactly...SMILE! BE HAPPY! 


Sister Nogueira and I have been having so much fun talking to everyone, meeting new people, and learning new things. The weather has been ABSOLUTELY beautiful this last weekend--in the 50-60s!!! Oh my goodness, Heavenly Father really loves me. It's a miracle !!!! 



SHEILA GOT BAPTIZED!!!! She's so amazing And I super love her. She's progressed so far and is such an example to her family, especially since she's the only member right now. 
I know she's gonna be a missionary someday. People will follow her example and come to the church. I know it. She's such an inspiration, and I don't know what I'd do without her. It was soooo wonderful cause we got permission to go back to Bourbonnais for the baptism. It was weird being back, but also so wonderful to see my Bourb peeps. And, of course, witness Sheila being baptized. This is what I live for--seeing people have desires to change their lives and be baptized. image3.JPG





Claim to fameSISTERS MOVE UP IN ROYALTY , GOING TO THE OSCARS OR .....OSCARSONS???
This week we met Bonnie L. Oscarsons nephew. So that was pretty cool. I guess you could say we're royalty now. πŸ˜‚ #movingupintheworld


We knocked on a couple doors we felt we needed to.  It was pitch black outside and this man yelled, "get off my porch!!!" It was super sketchy, so we BOOKED it and jumped in the car. We ran for our lives, and it was some great exercise haha. It's sad to see people reject the gospel and yet ...When people do this kinda stuff i think really it's just one more door closer to person who are ready to listen. 😊  So I just laugh it off and move forward. 

Not everyone's gonna say yes to the gospel or have a desire to learn during our time on earth, but I DO know that every time we share the gospel we are blessed and it builds our testimonies and faith. I know it can be scary to share he gospel cause I've been there. There's even times now when I feel scared to share the gospel. BUT I KNOW as we just OPEN our mouths the Lord WILL fill it. I know as we stand up and have courage to say something about the gospel we WILL appreciate it more. I know that to be true because it's a promise given from God. I have felt it within my own life. 

I have never loved the gospel so much in my entire life. I love it so much. I love the Book of Mormon. I love that I am a missionary because missionary work is the best. I just love doing what I'm doing. I KNOW WITH EVERYTHING I have that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints IS TRUE. I KNOW that Joseph Smith saw what he saw. 

Y'all stay safe. Stay rad. Go spread the gospel. 


Your Chicago fav,
Sister karigan Γ„llowitz 

No comments:

Post a Comment