Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Oct 31, 2016HALLOWEEN. missionary by day, giraffe by night say what???? πŸ˜‚

Hermana exchanges.Yeah so weird but cool, we went on exchanges with Hermanas. I go got to use my Spanish skills.
I'M SO IN LOVE. 😻
Fall is my FAVORITE.
MY LIFE IS GOOD. CAUSE I got corn and silos to look at 24/7.


Fred. Oh I love Fred. ❤️ he's gonna get baptized one of these days. I KNOW it.
I feel one of the reasons I was sent to Burb land was for Fred.
He invited us to Thanksgiving, which is HUGE. we are gonna have lobster. I'm SUPER PUMPED. πŸ¦‚πŸ¦‚πŸ¦‚πŸ¦‚πŸ¦‚πŸ¦‚
Elder Casto and I be #twinning #glassesclub #cantsee
Okay don't tell me this cat and the meme one are TWINS???? πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
I don't kind why they're always so upset. It makes me laugh.
It's like a pug but in a cat? Yeah funny story ..... Once upon a time in a foreign fountry....A geautiful birl from the southern belles ..... Re kinda severed her nerve again. THE END

RHONDA. She's the one I wrote about last week. She's A HUGE MIRACLE.
Love her!
GREAT place Sister Mercker took us. She's wonderful.
Halloween say whaaaaat? Yeah Bishop Freedlund made this. Are y'all impressed or what? Cause I know I sure am!
Brother Cook makes balloon things for a living. Again I'm SUPER impressed.

Elderly ladies we play games with every week. They're so wonderful.
IM EVEN MORE IN LOVE WITH THESE CLOUDS 😻 AMY ARE YOU SEEING THESE?
This is Weyni. She is from Ethiopia. I got to teach her English.
HALLOWEEN...missionary by day, giraffe by night...say what???? πŸ˜‚Gotta have fun as a missionary. Here it is .... How old am I? Again I think 5? Maybe haha.
Jack Black say WHAAAAT? Bro. Whitt is the coolest! He takes us out to eat every so often.
I LOVE STACIE. She's from Morton. She works at the Food Bank. Miss this lovely lady.
She's sassy and cracks me up. AND SIS. MUHLESTEIN OF COURSE. I MISS HER BEAUTIFUL FACE !!!! ❤️❤️❤️❤️😭
Yes this tree is "so pretty...like a model or cheerleader or something" πŸ˜‚πŸ‘ŒπŸΎ❤️
Yeah missionary work is hard, but Satan isn't gonna win. I will keep pushing through hardship.
We will keep looking for those people who are ready to be baptized.
CUBS ARE IN THE WORLD SERIES. Go CUBS!
You know you're in Illinois when you see a corn mailbox. 🌽🌽🌽🌽🌽
#cornfordays I'M A HARRY POTTER WIZARD. It's a skill we missionaries here in Illinois obtain.
Yes be jealous.

1- HERMANA WHAT? careful what you wish for....  
In one day we were fed sooooo much food. I seriously couldn't handle it all. My stomach and body really started to hate me. Too much is too much. 
We had a HUGE 4 course meal WITH DESSERT, then another meal of pasta and breadsticks and everything! No Bueno! One of the reasons I was not called to be an Hermana Jaja. 

It was kinda cool we got to go on Exchanges with some Hermanas (Spanish speaking). It was fun for me to get to go to their area and experience a little bit of what being an Hermana is like.  It was SO hard because I think never have I ever felt so alone in my entire life!!!! I was sitting in a lesson that was 98% in Spanish and there's me sitting there picking up about 2% of it. Little did I know we were teaching the Restoration. It was during the time that the Hermanas investigator was getting interviewed to be baptized.  To make our time be most effective we decided to teach Pedro's sister. 
We actually first showed her the "Hallelujah" Easter initiative video and she asked " why are there so many churches" and we were all so excited because WE TOTALLY have the answer! 
And so the elder and Hermana taught and I just sat and smiled. I prayed for Heavenly Father to at least help me know when to ask certain questions (basically to ask and then the Hermana would translate).  
It was cool because i was able to recognize when were talking about prophets and I asked "how does it make you feel to know there's a living prophet on the earth today?"  And then oh my goodness y'all....even though I felt like a huge ...actually more like small fly on the wall, when the Hermana recited Joseph Smiths First Vision WOW...the spirit was sooo strong!!! 
At one point she said she was raised as a Catholic, and the Elder bore his testimony that he was raised Catholic and was reading the Bible and noticed there were prophets and yet wondered why the church didn't teach or believe that.  Then he found the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. Seriously, God is a God of miracles! Even though I didn't understand any of that in the moment it was cool to see that specific Elder needed to be there to help her see she isn't alone and can rise above these things just as he did. #mindblown 
OH ALSO...you'll all be proud to know I bore my testimony in Spanish. And wow I don't think I've ever felt so scared in my entire life! There were 5 people who could speak fluent Spanish, and there I was ....a BRIGHT RED tomato.  I did the best I could and I was sure praying for help. Afterwards as we missionaries all walked outside the Elders told me I did really good at pronouncing the words and in the correct cases with the perfect Spanish accent. It made me feel good that I did it the right way! 
Even though I felt alone I felt Gods hand in that lesson within myself personally. 
It was a very humbling experience because then we went to teach English class. I was able to help a lady named Weyni. She's from Ethiopia and is struggling to speak English. She is really struggling with the smallest things in the English language. So it was cool to see that Heavenly Father allowed me to go through that awful Spanish lesson feeling alone to be able to be humble enough to feel just a piece of what Weyni is feeling and experiencing everyday. I felt like it helped me to know how to personally help her. 


2- ¡!Chola Chula ( pretty gangster ) take over Burb land ¡!!
 We are so close to Chi town. We hear sirens and ambulances daily. It  reminds me of my Freeport days! Haha. A few weeks ago we found some really cool graffiti by the railroad tracks. It was a fun adventure. 


3- MISSIONARY  BY DAY...giraffe by night 
So I have the coolest giraffe footie pajamas! So for Halloween I'm a giraffe... It's quite exciting actually






4-πŸ•·πŸ•·πŸ•·SPIDER BITE TURNS MISSIONARY INTO SPIDY WOMAN. πŸ•Έ 
So a couple weeks ago I got a spider bite and I was super nervous. My leg got super numb and it was hard to walk.  It also feeling on fire, then super cold off and on. After awhile it hurt all the way up my leg. I could feel a pinch in my nerve all the way up. It was hard to sit, walk, sleep or do anything. Finally after about 2 weeks of pain I called a chiropractor in our ward, Brother Beyer. He's awesome! I didn't wanna go because, of course, I thought of EVERY bad scenario possible. I was scared I might have to stop doing missionary work and be on crutches, or even worse-go home.  Thankfully that's not what happened. You see at times we think we can do things on our own, but the reality is we CAN'T. We need the Savior in our lives. We MUST turn to him and let his AAtonement carry us. Even though it's hard we can do it! I know we all can.

So back to my story....
Brother Beyer asked "so what are you in for?"
Me: A few years ago I severed a nerve in my foot. A couple weeks ago the  feeling is back. I'm feeling super extremes of hot and cold sensation. The nerve is also pinched all the way up my leg. 
Bro. Beyer: the good thing is it sounds like the symptoms you're experiencing has to do with your back, and we can fix that. 
Me: I also have times when I can't breathe very well...breathing pains. Does that have to do with my back? 
Bro. Beyer: yes, we can fix that too. 
Me: I, accidentally shut the car door on my hip a few months ago, so that might be another problem. And when I played sports growing up I got thrown all over the place so I'm thinking its a mix of everything that's ever happened to me in my life. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Bro. Beyer: wow, what else did you do ? Haha well let's see what we can do. 
----

I found out that I had problems in my 
Mid back , Upper back & Lower back & my Neck--and obviously  my foot. 
He made adjustments to all of those areas. 
 I got a total readjustment. 
It was such a blessing ! 
I feel like I have a whole new body. Wahoooo! 
I got new hair since I got a haircut, a new body, and a new bike! 
The Assistants found a new one and I'm super stoked because biking doesn't stink as much now. It's actually kinda enjoyable. 

It was funny. Brother Beyer told one of the nurses, 
" She's a professional nail walker and accidentally sneezed and lost her balance.  So here she is for treatment " πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

More on my poor foot....
 I dropped my heavy electronic toothbrush AND case on it 
AND got rammed into huge rack of metal chairs ....
Yeah , IM DONE. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ is it time for a new foot ? Or leg ? Haha just kidding. But geez , why me ? Haha. 
I'm just super glad no spider is gonna kill me ....at least not yet haha. 
I'm just laughing so hard at myself for the fact that this ALWAYS happens to me. 
Laughter really is life best medicine. I can testify to that! 



Lessons learned this week :
Diced mangos come in a real can 
  • DO NOT buy 88 cent white  bread even if it's the cheapest. 
  • Don't talk to creepy men with legit horns in their head. I KID YOU NOT. I REALLY SAW IT. πŸ‘ΉπŸ‘ΉπŸ‘ΉπŸ‘ΉπŸ‘Ή #creepy 

Opposition 
Opposition in ALL things. 
Death, delays, bad health, etc. and MATH... "did someone say math?... I sure did. Mental abuse to humans is what it is ..."


It's crazy to think I won't be here next October.  Time sure flies when you're busy doing the Lord's work. It's sad and scary  to think I've almost been out a year, and yet it's also soooo happy 

Parley P. Pratt,“I have desired, after travelling for twenty-five or twenty-six years- mostly abroad, to stay at home and minister among the people of God, and take care of my family; but God’s will be done, and not mine. If it is the will of God that I should spend my days in proclaiming this Gospel and bearing testimony of these things, I shall think myself highly privileged and honoured. And when the Spirit of God is upon me, 
I think it matters but very little what I suffer, what I sacrificed-whether I secure the honour or dishonour of men, or where I die, if it so be that I can keep the faith, fight the good fight, and finish my course with joy. I have all eternity before me, in which to enjoy myself.” 
(Autobiography of Parley P. Pratt, p. xxv) 


We can see a miracle everyday of our lives and our missions when we ACTIVELY LIVE THE GOSPEL. 

Mormon 9:15-- God is a God of miracles 

MIRACLES :
4 yr old in church bore his testimony ... 
"I know God and Jesus love us. I know we partake of the sacrament. The water is in remembrance of Christ's blood and the bread for his body. We need to repent.  We need to INSTANTLY obey! In the name of Jesus Christ , Amen.
  • Rhonda came to the Ward trunk or treat 
  • Beyer family had us over for dinner. Seriously feels like home.  I sure love that wonderful family ❤️❤️❤️
  • Fred, Sister Irvin's dad, made us the BEST chili I think I've ever had in my life. And it's cool to see him progress as we've left a Plan of Salvation pamphlet. He REALLY ACTUALLY read it AND took out the Jesus picture of the Garden of Gethsemane. He said he really loved it. This last week was the year mark of his sweet wife's passing, so sister Anderson and I brought him a card and he said it meant a lot to him. He calls us "his sweethearts" haha. He cracks me up. His hard heart is softening. It's awesome to see this. Seriously one of the COOLEST experiences of my life 
  • Brother Beyer fixed my foot, seriously he's a MIRACLE WORKER. 
  • The Baldwin's got Firehouse Subs for dinner, and I've just been wanting Firehouse forever. It was just the second time we ate there and Brother Baldwin didn't even have to ask what I wanted to drink. He just handed me a Dr. Pepper. I died laughing.  "Wow. Y'all know me too well already." haha. 
  • Sanjuanita got us some goodies !!! I love her ❤️❤️
There were many more but that's just a few. 


I know God loves us, because I've felt His love for me and others as I've lost myself in His work each day. I love being able to really see God's hand in my everyday life. I love this gospel. I love being a missionary, even though I get rejected each day. 
I love Parley P. Pratt's great attitude. If he served a 25-26 year mission, I can surely serve my 18 months! I am grateful for my ancestors like Parley who encourage and inspire me to keep on going, even when I wanna give up. 
I know  this is important work and the Lord has called us full time missionaries to do it. 
I WILL GO AND DO. 
I wanna invite y'all to look for the miracles in your own life. 
I promise you as you do that, you'll be happier and you will grow closer to God and the Savior. 



CHRISTMAS IS ONLY A FEW WEEKS AWAY.  I AM SO EXCITED. I LOVE CELEBRATING JESUS. I am sooo blessed and privledged to be able to celebrate Him everyday on my mission. 


Til next time ,

🌡Hermana Γ„llowitz  πŸŒ»


No comments:

Post a Comment