Monday, June 27, 2016

June 27, 2016

Look at those two awesome Hermanas ๐Ÿ˜Š  Hermana Gowens is awesome! Love love her ❤️❤️❤️#soulsista #southernbelles
Tanner & Alicia Anderson are awesome people! It's weird cause I feel like we're all the same age. They're super fun people. 
And get this, they literally moved here a week ago and have already had us over for dinner and have been doing a ton of missionary work. They just amaze me. They have a cute baby named Owen. These are some amazing people. Alicia made us taco salad and no bake cookies. It was like I was right at home. 
My comp Sis. Campbell had  her b-day this last week, so I cooked her a "greenie meal"--green German pancakes and all the fixings. She's awesome! It was way fun cause I've always wanted to make someone a greenie meal. So perfect :)

BOLLEYBALL in Dress VS. stretchy pants 


I love that Elder Perry  says BECAUSE of his mission he was more successful. I have definitely seen more success in other aspects of my life, because I'm serving a mission. I couldn't think of a better way to prepare for the rest of my eternity and the other things to come than to serve a full time mission. 
Here's an excerpt from Elder L. Tom Perry: "Those who labor in the Lord’s vineyard share a bond of love that comes from laboring in the “harvest” together. This bond is deepened by common experiences of faith and testimony."
 Elder Perry, of the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles, shared a personal experience.  “I had an experience a few years ago of receiving a call from my son, Lee. He told me that my first missionary companion was in his neighborhood, and he wanted to spend a few minutes with me. … We had a special experience of being together after many years of not seeing one another.
     As missionaries we were given the opportunity of opening up a new town in Ohio to missionary work. Because of this assignment, we were allowed to labor together for 10 months. He was my trainer, my first companion. … It was difficult for me to keep up with him, but as we served together we drew close together as companions.
     Our companionship did not end with the 10-month assignment. World War II was raging, and when I returned home I had only a short time to adjust before I was drafted into military service. On my first Sunday in boot camp, I attended an LDS service. I saw the back of a head that was very familiar to me. It was my first missionary companion. We spent most of the next two and a half years together.
Although circumstances were very different for us in military service, we tried to continue the practices of missionary service. As often as we could, we prayed together. When circumstances allowed, we had scripture study together. …
     We were both set apart as group leaders, and we again had the opportunity to serve and teach together the glorious gospel of our Lord and Savior. We were more successful in the military than we had been as full-time missionaries. Why? Because we were experienced returned missionaries.
      My visit with my first missionary companion was the last opportunity I had to be with him. He was suffering from an incurable disease and died only a few months later. It was a wonderful experience to relive our missions together and then tell about our lives following our missionary service. We recounted our service in bishoprics, high councils, and stake presidencies, and, of course, we bragged about our children and our grandchildren. As we sat and thrilled at the opportunity of being together again, I couldn’t help but think of the account in the 17th chapter of the book of Alma."



Our investigator, Joshua, dropped us so that's too bad.  I'm grateful me and my comp were at least able to be a part of his journey of coming to Christ and planting the seeds. Planting seeds really is so important. Am I bummed? Yes. Have I given up? Heck no. I am excited for the next person we will meet who is ready for the gospel! 

My comp, Sis. Campbell, said this magical line this week: "If we are unwilling to change, we're rejecting the ENTIRE Plan of Salvation." I was thinking "WOW BOOM!"  We MUST be willing to change to receive all the blessings Heavenly Father has for us. And to succeed. Change isn't always easy, but it's needed to become better. 

We had a Ward BBQ this week.  I played volleyball  in a dress & totally dominated. My team totally won. It was funny hearing Todd (Mickelle's) hubby on the other team saying, "are you guys for reals? She's in a dress, and she's getting all the hits. Pick it up."  He said that to all the guys in his team. I wished I could've worn pants or maybe even some stretchy pants but it's ok cause some kids don't even have pants...real life example: Nacho didn't have any stretchy pantaloons, so he had to ask Chancho to borrow some.  Maybe next time I'll ask Chancho to borrow some "stretchy pants". ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

In Omni vs 26 in the Book of Mormon it reads: "And now, my beloved brethren, I would that ye should come unto Christ, who is the Holy One of Israel, and partake of his salvation, and the power of his redemption. Yea, come unto him, and offer your whole souls as an offering unto him, and continue in fasting and praying, and endure to the end; and as the Lord liveth ye will be saved."  I love it because we should come unto Christ not only because we need to, but because he is the only one who can understand us completely. He's always gonna be there for us regardless of life circumstances. He loves us. We need to come unto him. I love that, as I have been out on this full time mission, I have seen what happens when we come unto Christ. It is an amazing change that's seriously priceless. So please come unto Him and gain that wonderful relationship with him. 
He's loves you and wants us all to come home. 



Okay another cool experience that happened that helps me again KNOW that 
1- God is soooooo beyond mindful of me and 
2- I was called to THIS mission for a reason! 
I met Tanner and Alicia Anderson, yeah they're so cool. 
Tanner is actually from the Burg and knows all my besties like Co-diddy, GARY and the Evans,  and his dad worked in the religion department with Gpa C--so it's just weird. And we were talking about people and neighborhoods and he seriously knows everyone. Haha it's awesome. OH YEAH--Doovin and Tanner are buddies too. 
Seriously is anyone else's mind blown right now too? Isn't Heavenly Father so awesome! Again so cool. 

I love all these wonderful people I'm meeting. 
I love being a missionary ( I know I say this  every week but it's true)  and TRUTH MAKES SENSE, right Paigey ?๐Ÿ˜Š

Thanks for all the support. 
Y'all are the bombs diggity. 
Have a fabulous week. 

Seester Allowitz
1319 Butterfield Rd. #552 
Downers Grove, IL 60515



No comments:

Post a Comment