Tuesday, July 5, 2016

July 4, 2016

My awesome district !



SEESTER ALMOST GETS IN FIGHT WITH MAN AT FOOD BANK 



Hola everyone ! 
Happy Fourth of July! I am so beyond grateful for all who served or are currently serving to give us the freedoms such as freedom of religion cause without it I know I couldn't be out here in the Illinois lands spreading the gospel. I know it's a HUGE blessing so THANK YOU TO ALL WHO HAVE SERVED OR ARE CURRENTLY serving! I appreciate it beyond any words!  

We had an awesome BBQ with the Oxborrows and Sluders. They're the bomb. Totally like family! 

And it was raining all this week...a GOONIES week. ๐Ÿ’€๐Ÿ’€๐Ÿ’€
I remember growing up, it seemed to always be stormy on July 4 and we'd always watch GOONIES.  So that's a tender mercy ๐Ÿ˜Š 

Things are still seeming slow, yet we are seeing baby step progress. 
We are teaching Robin still.   She asked us to come and teach her how to quit smoking. She really does seem sincere. Phil, her boyfriend who is crazy and hilarious, gave us a referral.  So we went with a member to see Diane.  She wasn't home but her friend, Amanda, was home and she'sinterested in the Gospel too.  That was cool. The member asked if she would be interested in coming to church. And the lady said YES. I was like, "wait what? What did she just say? Did I really hear her right?"  Haha. This is so exciting. I've been out 6 months and these things still catch me off guard... in a good way of course. It's SUPER exciting when people are as sincerely excited & interested in the gospel as you are!!!  I was worried about the legitimacy of the referral because Phil is a little sketchy (but so awesome).  I think it's gonna be good. But hey, it's a referral and some kids don't even get those (oh wait that was us about a week ago hah) so I am so happy! The work is hastening slowly but surely. Miracles are happening. Big or small they are. 


My comp and I were talking about  this cool thing we recently realized. LISTEN UP...
We are NEVER alone. EVER ( John 14:14-18) 
We are either with Satan or the Holy Ghost. 
We choose God or Satan. 
It's interesting God likes to work in 3s...
Parents plus Holy ghost 
a missionary companionship plus the Holy Ghost 
Mission president plus his assistants and counselors  
Prophet plus his counselors 
WOW RIGHT ?!  
The Gospel is about uniting families and people together. 
So that's why God, our loving Heavenly Father, hasn't left us alone. 
He's ALWAYS making sure we have someone with us. 



We also talked about how change is hard at times, BUT it's important so we can become the people God NEEDS us to become. I recently found this quote: "As part of this self-evaluation process, it is important to remember there can be no successful change in any of us unless we recognize a need to change."  So yeah, the first step is realizing moments when  "you need a check up from the neck up to cure your stinking thinking" and recognizing the need to change and become better. 

I love Ether 12:27 in the Book of Mormon. It's helped me a LOT in the times when I've felt weak and inadequate. Through Christ weaknesses can be made strong. I KNOW that IS TRUE. 
27 And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them.
-----
Satan wants us to think all these bad things about ourselves, cause he's jealous. And so are his buddies.  We can tell them to knock it off. And we should, cause Christ is there to help us. We can overcome all of our weaknesses and shortcomings through HIM, cause he's the one who knows us better. He knows what it's like to struggle with the things we do. So let's turn to HIM and NOT to the world. 


Headline scoops : 
We serve at a food bank, and I absolutely  love it.   But oh my gosh, this last week I almost got in fight with a guy. Hah jk but man I really wanted to. He was just making me so annoyed and mad for various reasons. But you know what ....that was my choice. And so even though I was annoyed, I didn't wanna be.   I kept telling myself to calm down, and that he is a child of God. Sometimes I just hope people realize how lucky they're that I'm an official representative of the Lord cause oh my I wanted to have a legit fight. No joke. But again we should love everyone ....yes did you catch that ? I said EVERYONE , not just cause it's a commandment but cause we are all walking each other through this tough mission of life, and we don't know what each other face.   But we do know it's hard--so let's be KIND. I know it's not always easy, trust me I KNOW ๐Ÿ˜‚ so if you struggle at this like I do remember the love God and Jesus have for you and then sing Primary songs such as these when needed. 
I kept singing in my head and to myself " I'm trying to be like Jesus" 
and it helped. 
I’m Trying to Be like Jesus
1.
I’m trying to be like Jesus;
I’m following in his ways.
I’m trying to love as he did, in all that I do and say.
At times I am tempted to make a wrong choice,
But I try to listen as the still small voice whispers,
“Love one another as Jesus loves you.
Try to show kindness in all that you do.
Be gentle and loving in deed and in thought,
For these are the things Jesus taught.”
2.
I’m trying to love my neighbor;
I’m learning to serve my friends.
I watch for the day of gladness when Jesus will come again.
I try to remember the lessons he taught.
Then the Holy Spirit enters into my thoughts, saying:
“Love one another as Jesus loves you.
Try to show kindness in all that you do.
Be gentle and loving in deed and in thought,
For these are the things Jesus taught

Again, I know we all have weaknesses but we can overcome them through the SAVIOR'S help. He is the way. The only way. 
I am so very grateful for the Savior's perfect example.  I'm grateful that even though I'm not perfect and I wanna fight with people sometimes that I can just " LET IT GO LET IT GO " as I turn to the Savior for help and look at these people who are God's children through HIS eyes and see them for not who they are but who they can become. I am grateful for BEAUTIFUL music of the church, especially Primary music that helps me to calm down and humble myself. So don't get in fights, they're not good just so all y'all know ๐Ÿ˜‚

Fred is a funny older guy at the food bank.  He told us his birthday is coming up and we told him we can have a Cardinal b-day party for him and just to set up the scene ....
he's DIE HARD Cubs fan so you can imagine his facial expression was like "WILLIS ARE YOU INSANE?" Haha ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ I about died. 
He's a fun one to mess with. He told me he doesn't wanna mess with me, cause I could take him in a fight. Haha I really have no idea where he got that. He's hilarious. After this last time he said, "sorry I didn't get to harass you as much as I like today. Next week I will" 



Sis. Mickelson gave an AWESOME lesson on being more united with Christ.  She said that as we remember the Atonement it is possible to forgive and to let things go and become more humble. I really loved her lesson. She's a great teacher and is so wonderful. She served a mission back in the day and is a great member missionary! 

Phil McWillams, lemme tell ya bout him. He's hilarious....
Oh my Phil--he likes to jokingly harass me, too, like Fred. 
When we had our lesson with Robin, Phil was there and I had do interrupt him (boldly but kind) a 1000x cause he gets so off focus and tells jokes that sometimes bruise my spirit.  He thinks my last name is hilarious and said he "really loves it" cause it  reminds him of a song and always starts singing ..."Alla Alla ร„llowitza" or something like that.   ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ We have been trying soooo hard to get Phil & Robin to come to church for awhile now but they keep making excuses. But Phil said he'll come to church if he can sit by me......yeah how nice. ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜ณ We told the zone leader elders cause they share the ward with us. They laughed and laughed and said, "yeah! Way to take one for the team, sister ร„llowitz! Whatever will get him there!" And laughed  some more. But he hasn't come since so I guess he doesn't really wanna sit by me. Jajajajajaja Phil is a character I'll tell you that. 


Sis. Sleรผder made taco soup & even had Dilly bars for dessert. 
Seriously it was a meal from heaven!  It was a HUGE tender mercy cause it just felt like home. You should've seen my face when she said she had dilly  bars for dessert. I was like a fat kid who's been on a veggie diet for a 1000 years. My jaw literally dropped. I always scream for ice cream! ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿฆ๐Ÿฆ๐Ÿฆ๐Ÿ˜ especially a good ol' fashioned dilly bar. The Sleuders and Oxborrows seriously feel like family. 
They're angels to me....even if they're Cardinals fans ๐Ÿ˜‚ just kidding. I love them. 


I am so grateful for Sunday, the Sabbath Day, to come closer to the Lord and partake of the bread and water in remembrance of Christ's Atonement (his suffering) for EACH & EVERY ONE of us. I am grateful for this special day. Since I've been a missionary the Sabbath day has become more of a delight...more of a special day to me. And I'd like to invite y'all to look for ways to make the Sabbath more of a delight and more of a sacred and holy day. So GO AND DO! 
I love the gospel. And I love Jesus, henceforth the reason WHY I'm serving a mission. ๐Ÿ˜Š The church is true. And remember, a wise friend once told me : "TRUTH MAKES SENSE."  
That's true ladies and gents. 

Have a fabulous week ! 

Love HERMANA ร„LLOWITZ

PS- i LOVE me some corn ! I bought a TON of corn on sale today. #CORNFORLIFE๐ŸŒฝ๐ŸŒฝ๐ŸŒฝ๐ŸŒฝ

Seester Allowitz
1319 Butterfield Rd. #552 
Downers Grove, IL 60515



No comments:

Post a Comment