Tuesday, June 14, 2016

June 13, 2016

This is a member of the church who is traveling from Salem, Oregon and started talking to us. That was cool. It was just one of those NEEDED Dr. Pepper days.


TENDER MERCIES

Emily Boyd, one of my new besties, made these amazing peanut butter
bars just for me for dinner. I love her!
 ONE OF MY FAV PLACES OF all TIME. Yes I even got a hat cause I'm that cool of a 5 year old. And a shake cause if you don't you're not a true steak n' shaker.
#howcoolkidsrollthesedays
I hope you've all had a great week. This week has been awesome yet kinda crazy…a good crazy, of course. We have an investigator, Joshua, whose on date to be baptized July 9th. We found him through visiting a less active member…Joshua's his son.  Joshua is super excited to be baptized and the members have all been so friendly and welcoming to him. Some members have been coming to lessons with us and offered him a ride to church (they live 30 minutes away) and are so happy to have him come.

I really do love the Morton Ward. Everyone is so great in their own way. I am blown away how much this ward is on top of missionary work. It's amazing! I recently found out my Uncle Nate and Bishop Mehr were mission companions in Colombia and have stayed in touch. Small world again?  Again I KNOW God loves me and is so aware of even the smallest details in our lives.  And it's even crazier cause get this --Bishop Mehr’s niece is serving in my uncles Ward in Oregon. Crazy! Heavenly Father really knows what he's doing. I love these little connections I've made on my mission.

Another cool thing is a recently returned missionary, Mikelle Sleüder, who served in this mission has been working with a family who is going through a divorce. Their family situation and the "whys" behind it all are very similar to my family situation. One of the girls name is Karigan too just like my name—with a little different spelling. When Mikelle was telling me all about this I seriously was in awe. I'm pretty sure my jaw dropped.  Time after time Heavenly Father keeps reminding  me THIS IS WHERE I NEED TO BE. It was cool that even though Mikelle is a returned missionary, she came to me and Sis. Campbell for help and counsel on what to do next with this family.  I can't even express my full happiness.  I am so happy!  God is great and I am excited to work better with the members here and really get some great things happening.  "Bloom where you're planted!"


This week as I was studying, the question came to mind "HOW CAN I REALLY GET TO KNOW CHRIST?" Here is my answer ...Be one in purpose, strive to apply more Christlike attributes. One of best ways to become like someone is to get to know them and then apply the things you like and need. Then you'll be able to see them in yourselves.
It's great to know I can get to know Christ better as I try to become more like him. ‘Preach My Gospel’ has some great ways to become more like the Savior and better ourselves.  My invitation to each of you--
***do attribute activity in PMG CHP 6. Afterward pick a Christlike attribute and work on it for one week.  Write down differences you see in yourself over time and how you have been able to see more of the Savior within yourself.


I had a really cool object lesson experience that felt like the Holy Ghost prompting this week as I was brushing my teeth. Yes, you heard me correctly...as I was brushing my teeth.  I was getting ready for bed and only had a few minutes left.   I REALLY DID NOT wanna brush my teeth, cause it was just another thing to do, and it had been a long day (#1stworldprobkem).   I kept telling myself "oh it doesn't matter.  It's just one time not brushing and flossing.  It won't do any harm. Bob and Uncle Ryan won't know. Just this one time won't hurt my pearly whites."   HAH, (but no worries Ry & Bob...) I did take care of my teeth that night.  But it made me think about the gospel and how many times in our lives do we say, "nah I don't wanna follow the commandments today.  I don't wanna read my scriptures.  I don't wanna go to church.  Just this once it won't hurt.  I'll be fine".  We make so many big & small choices everyday. What matters is what the choices lead us to do. Do our choices lead us to follow the SAVIOR’S example?  Or do they lead us to follow Satan and his buddies?  Our ultimate goal in this life is to have faith in Jesus Christ , fully and sincerely repent, be baptized by the proper priesthood authority  found in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints,  and endure to the end, becoming more like the Savior. We can do that as we constantly choose the right.
We then make it back to our Heavenly Father who loves us. The STORAL OF THE MORY IS:  not brushing my teeth one night may not cause a whole lot of damage, but more of those poor choices could given me a root canal or a cavity. And those are NO FUN!  More importantly,  I don't wanna have "spiritual cavities & root canals"!  I wanna be strong in the gospel.  I wanna do all I can to have a clean slate.  We MUST turn to the Lord and ask for the help we need to fully repent. We must work through the things we need to come closer to the Savior. Yes just like a root canal or cavity it's gonna be hard but it'll be worth it.
TRUST ME!  With the SAVIOR’S help we can DO ALL THINGS. He loves us and wants to help us. Please turn to Him.  It's NEVER EVER EVER too late to turn back.
God loves you. The Savior loves you. And I love ya! The Atonement is soooooo real! NEVER EVER forget it.

The church is true. I'm grateful to be a part of this great work.  Let us all march on!




Love always -- 
Hermana Ällowitz 😊
1319 Butterfield Rd. #552 
Downers Grove, IL 60515





image1.JPG

No comments:

Post a Comment