Monday, June 20, 2016

June 20, 2016

Yeah, this isn't the best ice cream I've ever had & I'm SURE Illinois must have better, so I'm on the look out cause I sure love my ice cream!
Peaches ice cream made me think of GARY & Jill's BOMB peach pie ! πŸ‘❤️😍 I'm sad I'm missing it this year πŸ’”πŸ˜­ but it's okay. Some kids don't even have peach pie, oh wait that's me. πŸ˜‚
Hey wanna SPOOOOOON ?!πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ jk jk totally jk
This totally made my day. Again how old am I really ?πŸ˜‚
#somepeopleschildren

Elder Bennett and Elder Heiner left this card (below) on our windshield one day, so we left this ghetto homemade "Frozen" card on their car. They have been so patient and awesome with one of their investigator, and she was baptized this last week... so we thought we'd get the Elders back. It's way fun having Elders in our area. #gameon








LOOK I have my VERY OWN circle. They don't know how to spell so it's bittersweet, but still way cool cause I've NEVER seen anything with my name on it.
Maybe it's a sign I need to move here. Jajajaja just kidding.



Everything is bigger in Texas except corn. 🌽🌽🌽🌽🌽🌽
I love watching it grow. And look at the clouds! They're so beautiful 😍


Kieran sent me this and it totally depicts my everyday life: so here's
a little laugh for y'all.
Missionary work may be hard but it's so worth chasing people down.
That's actually one of my favorite parts πŸ˜‰πŸ˜πŸ˜‚ Yeah this isn't the best ice cream I've ever had & I'm SURE Illinois must have someone better so I'm on the look out cause I sure love my ice cream!
but peaches ice cream made me think of GARY & Jill's BOMB peach pie ! πŸ‘❤️😍 I'm sad I'm missing it this year πŸ’”πŸ˜­ but it's okay , some kids don't even have peach pie , oh wait that's me πŸ˜‚
SEESTER MEETS APOSTOLIC CHRISTIANS & GETS FED SOME GOOD BBQ  



Howdy yall! How's Everyone? Illinois is fantastic as ever. Except it's getting pretty humid. But I don't want it to snow either. So oh well. I'm still alive and all is well. 
I've learned a lot of things on my mission.  One I would like to share today is how to be safer and wiser with technology.  For that I am so grateful.  I recently read some great articles that y'all would enjoy and really benefit from, especially if you struggle being tempted to look at inappropriate things or waste too much time on your devices. So please take some time to read these wonderful articles. They can be found on Lds.org

1- "Teaching Children How to Use Technology to Uplift Others"
Contributed By Valerie Johnson, Church News contributor

2-"Do Smart Things with Your Smartphone"
Contributed By Brother M. Joseph Brough, Young Men general presidency
image1.JPG
DONT BE DUMB. LEARN HOW TO BE SMART. 
The world is ever changing and Satan and his buddies really want us to fail and feel bad about ourselves. Remember you're not alone. The Savior is there always to help us. Ether 12:27-"And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them."

Bro. Sanchez' lesson...[he reminds me of an older version of Kimmer. He even has a a Superman shirt, haha so it's perfect!] He's a great teacher. He asked us these questions: 
What is the gospel and why does it cause us to change?  
What spiritual gifts do we have?  
How can we use them to build up God's kingdom? 
I really loved and appreciated the lesson cause it made me think about talents and spiritual gifts I have that I didn't necessarily see as gifts before. I wanna invite each of you to ask yourself these questions and apply the gift(s) you feel God has given you to build up his kingdom. This really will change your life! 


We Met a guy from England and I did my accent and he thought I was from South Africa. BOOM YES, I KNEW it... Africa really is the land of MY people ❤️


My bestie, Mette from Fresno Cali, is coming here to the ICWM! Holy cow people!  If I hadn't nannied for the Wonderful Ware family, I would never have met her, and we wouldn't have this cool connection. Heavenly Father continues to BLOW my mind!  Haha. He really loves me, ya know?  That's my 2nd friend in the mission. THE same mission! #mindblown 


We had dinner with the Boyd's neighbors who are Apostolic Christians.  The Jones family REALLY wanted to have us over for dinner cause they thought it was SO cool that girls serve missions. I was kinda nervous about what was gonna happen, but it was way cool! They asked us lots of questions, and we asked them lots of questions.  It was really cool to learn more about their church.   Now there's lots of similarities, yet there's pieces missing. They're fabulous people.  Before we left they let me offer a prayer, and afterwards they were soooo amazed I remembered all their names and prayed for each of them. That's DEF a gift from Heavenly Father, and I'm sooo grateful for it!   One of their sons was super interested and asked a lot of questions. We ended up giving him a Book of Mormon, and Restoration & Plan of Salvation pamphlet. They're pretty good where they're at, but they like to learn about other religions.  I am confident one day they'll become Mormons cause seriously they're so golden! And they're some of the kindest people I've ever met. Remember now...they invited us to their home for dinner and they even cooked burgers.   I was really hoping it would a BBQ...so wahoo! They're awesome. I love learning about others religions for lots of reasons but especially so that even though I KNOW this is THE ONE and ONLY TRUE CHURCH  I can defend their beliefs when I hear others rag on them. Cause I don't believe in disrespect. Oh no no. No way Jose ! Not in my house Gina! So that was so cool! 


Just a few Miracles this week
  • Elder Casto found some of his long lost family who are less active.  The Elders are currently teaching her son. Elder Casto is gonna be baptizing his cousins! 
  • Elder Bennett and Elder Heiner's investigator, Hope, was baptized after a lot of difficulties. 
  • We stopped by a part member family (and the wife who isn't a member.)  We have had troubles meeting with her. Sis. Hunt said she couldn't meet with us cause she was busy.  We asked if we could have just 5 mins, and she ended up talking to us for about 30 minutes. We were able to teach her more about the gospel.  
  • Paula Mensinger made us some amazing chocolate chip banana bread 
  • The Mensingers had our investigator, Joshua, over for a lesson in THEIR home. They invited him...we had nothing to do with it. Again the members here are amazing! 
  • Bro. Smith took us to Taco Bell for dinner.  I was so excited! Seriously like a fat kid who hadn't eaten candy in years or something. haha 
  • We got a return appointment with a family we haven't been able to contact for awhile either 
  • We showed a member, who was struggling, to feel her worth with the Mormon message "You Never Know"...SANTA VACA, the spirit was so strong!  She really needed it and started bawling.   I needed to hear that too, cause it's been kinda rough.  But it's all good in the hood.  I realized I am doing my very best...no I'm not perfect...I sure have weaknesses.  But God DID NOT call me for those he called me for my strengths 
  • Mickelle and Anna helped me through a SUPER difficult time. I love them. They're some of my SOUL SISTAS. Mickelle reminds me of an older version of Londy Lou and Anna reminds me of Mom. Small world. God is great and those are just a few of my miracles this week :) 

Rejection may suck sometimes, but I am happy...I know the gospel of Jesus Christ is true. I am grateful to have the church in my life. The gospel is the lantern of light that'll surely lead us back home to our loving Father in HeavenI love his gospel, and I'm beyond grateful for it. 

I love helping people change their ways and become more like the Savior. I love the opportunity I have to change and grow. My mission is hard, but I am not alone. There are Angels in the outfield with me and Angels on the other side helping me along. There are seen and unseen forces helping me along. The Savior is right by my side. I just love this church and the hope and happiness it brings into so many people's lives. I love that I get to see it right here on the front lines of Illinois. 
I love  being a part of this great work. 
I love being a missionary. 
I know this gospel is true. 

Love always 
SEESTER Γ„LLOWITZ 

1319 Butterfield Rd. #552 
Downers Grove, IL 60515








No comments:

Post a Comment