Tuesday, April 26, 2016

April 25, 2016



Amanda got baptized 👊🏾 I love her ❤️



I love Bert and Joey ❤️ such strong people !!!! 


Amber is so wonderful too ! ❤️







Sister Pointer, Sister Alberts, and me! 
Isn't Sister Alberts the cutest???? She's 94!!!! 

Hermana Walton is such angel & tender mercy in my life ❤️❤️❤️❤️👼🏼
It's crazy how God sends you people or sends you to people RIGHT when you need them!!! 
I ABSOLUTELY LOVE HER ❤️we're black soul SISTAS can't ya tell?❤️❤️


For RM's:
Do you have any :
  • Advice / tips for me? 
  • Things you wish you had known? 
  • Creative ideas/ things that helped/ work for finding new investigators and working with members & companions? 
  • Any Funny/ cool/ miracle stories 
  • Good recipes that missionaries can cook & eat in short amount of time?  
INSPIRE ME. READY, SET, GO! 😘

AMANDA GOT BAPTIZED!!!  It was a glorious day!!!! 
Hey y'all!  Oh my goodness!  It has seriously been one of the craziest weeks of my mission! We had somewhere around 13 lessons and a baptism! Amanda was baptized and lemme just tell you how wonderful that baptism was! The spirit was so strong! It's been so fun getting to teach and to know Amanda. She's been rough so much yet, she's so wonderful and faithful. She's such a great example to me, and I am grateful to be here for her baptism. It was such a tender mercy the lord let me stay to witness it. I was asked to bear my testimony at her baptism, since I'm the missionary whose been here the longest (whoa can you believe that's even possible?). 
What an honor it was to have the opportunity to bare my testimony to Amanda like that...right from the pulpit directly to Amanda. She said I made her cry. She hugged me after the baptism and told me "thank you for everything!" Since Amanda's next goal is the temple, we contacted as many members as we could to get their beautiful pictures of the Savior and of the temples that are so special and important to them and then displayed them all around the front of the chapel. Amanda loved it.  I am so grateful the members helped so much with that. It wouldn't have been as  stunning and special without their help.  MEMBERS ARE SO KEY IN MISSIONARY WORK!!! 


Sister Davis (see picture the previous week), one of the members who I love so much--we ripped more of her wallpaper off this week. It's sooo fun! (don't quote me on that one post mish haha). I've officially adopted Sister Davis as my grandma. No amount of words can even come close to how much she means to me ❤️❤️❤️  The love and spirit in her home is something I crave so much!  I hope to have a home like that when I'm married. When we were at her house this week, she was crying and crying because of how grateful she was for us and the young men who cleaned up her yard.  Then we had a lesson on the Atonement, and oh boy, she and I were both basket cases. Oh my heart just wants her to have a happy and relaxing life.  But she can't have the relaxing part yet cause she's always working. Financially she just can't  retire yet. She works 2 jobs. She seriously amazes me. She's had sooo many trials and still does everyday yet she is sooo happy and cheerful. I cannot even tell how much joy and happiness she's brought into my life! My life is FOREVER changed because of Sister Davis. And I am FOREVER grateful! I could just stay at her house forever because of how wonderful it is there.  She really is like sunshine on a cloudy day. I have had MANY "cloudy" days on my mission and Sister Davis has made soooo many of those "sunshine ones".  What an angel she is! 



Amanda is way cool and her job is legit.  She works for the police with legit stuff and helps with suicide prevention and helps people through all that hard stuff. And she also does a bunch of other legit stuff  that I cannot remember. 


As I was studying scriptures this week, I came across a few wonderful verses
Hebrews 12:6-8 –God shows His love through problems.  The trials and rough times we go through help us see God's love for us more because we are reminded how much we CANNOT do it without him! 
Just as the Lord told Joseph smith in Liberty jail, "Thine afflictions shall be for thy good", our trials really are for our good because they make us stronger people. They make us better.  BUT that's ONLY IF we let it be that way!   I hope each of you let your trials and weaknesses make you BETTER instead of BITTER! 

Mosiah 1:17 --when we step backwards (disobey) we get trials.   Some of our trials are because of others poor choices and some are because of our own poor choices. We should want to ALWAYS step FORWARD & PROGRESS towards the Savior and His teachings, NOT backwards with Satan and his buddies.  If you feel you're stepping backwards, then PRAY & ASK God for help!  He's there I promise!!!  It's NEVER EVER EVER too late to come home. 


My new comp Sis Turner is legit too! We are pretty much the same person! She's great! I seriously love her! She's fun & fashionable & funny & respectful and doesn't assume & is so kind and helpful to me & she's so positive and happy! And she's so much more! It's only been a week, but I'll let ya what, she's awesome! She's about as sassy as I am 😉👯👊🏾


Random thoughts from my week: 
*Missionary studying in the morning is definitely where snuggies would really come in handy!!! 
*This crazy black lady prayed for us before we left her house.  Haha it was legit. I loved it! 


The church is true!  I love Freeport even though we are in the middle of nowhere with a bunch of corn.  You know WHY???! Cause this is MY LAND,  MY PEOPLE,  this is MY GOONIE TIME...MY time to diligently serve the Lord with ALL of my heart, might, mind, and soul! This is the land of MY ancestors and THIS is where the Lord needs me and wants me. This is where I am needed! 

Something VERY valuable I learned this week is that "we are NOT called to a mission, we are called to a mission president!" And I just want y'all to know that's soooo true!  I love Presidente Griffin with all my heart! And Sister Griffin is equally as wonderful.  They will forever have a place in my heart. ❤️ I love this work and I love the Lord. I am so grateful for the opportunity to be out here and experience just a small portion of what the Savior experienced when he suffered for everyone of us. Each of us have a different way that we show the Lord we love Him and how we serve Him.  Serving a mission is how I am gonna show the lord I love him and am SOLIDLY COMMITTED to this work. It's so wonderful!  I've LOVED it!!!  And the cool thing is that it's sooo different for everyone. So I'd like to invite EACH OF YOU to ask yourself 
"HOW CAN I SHOW THE LORD I LOVE HIM?  HOW WILL I SHOW HIM I LOVE HIM?  HOW WILL I SHOW HIM I'M SOLIDLY COMMITTED TO HIS GOSPEL?! Then GO & DO.   Return & report to me if you'd like  cause I'd love to hear and see how it all goes. I know that God and the Savior love each and everyone of us SO much! It's sooo evident to me because of so many things, especially the Book of Mormon and the Atonement. I hope y'all will NEVER EVER take the Atonement or the Book of Mormon for granted, cause they're such beautiful & precious gifts. I love this work. I will go and do! 

Until we meet again, 
I love you all! 
THANKS AGAIN FOR ALL THE prayers, love, support,  packages, emails, and letters!!!! I seriously cannot Thank all of you enough! 

The coolest Chicagoan missionary --Hermana Ällowitz 





❤️ love Seester Ällowitz 
1319 Butterfield Rd. #552 
Downers Grove, IL 60515


No comments:

Post a Comment