Tuesday, April 5, 2016

April 4, 2016


πŸ‰
Some of my favorite ladies 
Sis. MERKLE - a super less active that we've been stopping by is just now returning.  She's so sassy and fun I love it ! She called the morning of General Conference on Saturday and said if we were gonna be at the church to watch, she'd come too. So she came and she said she'll be at church next Sunday! It'll be fast & testimony mtg.  What a wonderful time to start coming back after all these years! I cannot wait for her, once again, to be able to feel the spirit so strong as others bear sincere and heartfelt testimonies. Oh I love fast Sunday's! 








Sis Griffin- the Mission Presidente's wife! We are ALWAYS twinning ! She's the cutest !!!!  She's a mom away from home.  








Sisters encounter with fatal Freeport magic dragon πŸ‰πŸ‰πŸ‰πŸ‰



1,000 ways to photograph Illinois flag πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Which is your favorite?

1. Excited Illinoian style
2. Picturesque photo shoot style 
3. Nun vs. missionary style. 
4. "I be watching you" style.
5. "no I ain't kiddin ya...Illinois Chicago West Mission IS THE BEST!!!" style   
7. Nacho libre style. ..."I am I am!" 





















FREEPORT FANATIC WEEKLY 
STRIPES BANNED FOREVER-SISTERS PURSUED BY OLD MAN /  DRUG DEALER ON  THE LOSE 

CONFERENCE WAS AMAZING !!!!! Don't you just LOVE conference? I WANNA KNOW-- what were Y’ALLS fav parts about conference? I hope there was something you felt that was JUST FOR YOU! Cause that's what conference is--a time just for us to receive that inspiration and help we need at this point in our lives. It's a time for us to receive answers to our questions. The cool thing is we can look back on these conferences for years to come--thanks to modern technology! I hope all y'all look back at the conference talks and even maybe more so the ones you felt were just for you. Or maybe even the ones that you felt gave you a push or an inkling to change your life and bring it in closer harmony with the Savior's teachings and his example to us.

We met a guy from Slovakia.  He speaks Polish , Russian, Ukrainian and all that good stuff that I don't speak. It was So cool! I showed him my handy dandy Polish daily planner (thank you Skyler!) so he could understand the name of the church. He saw my name tag and said he liked my  “original” Polish name.  haha yup that's right! We tried so hard not to laugh when the Polish guy said "maybe you have a woman from your church who would be my lady friend.  I have a nice home.  A nice life. I single." Haha any takers from my single ladies? I can hook you up…πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‰πŸ˜ MULTI-CULTURAL.

We met a guy from Spain whose relatives live in Tegucigalpa.  We totally bonded, of course, since I'm a native Catratcha , more like “soy un gringa Catratcha”πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

We stopped by a former investigator.  She reads the Book of Mormon  daily for 2 years now and loves it.  She feels so great when she reads it and says it really does connect to the Bible but doesn't wanna be baptized or learn more… Seriously? πŸ˜‚are you for real? Oh brother--one day she'll be baptized. Just y'all wait.

This one Lady hasn't left her house for years. We've been stopping by and calling for months now. We thought it was a "disturba" movie moment and maybe her neighbor took her out and killed her or something, but finally we got in this last week. Still hasn't left her house in years. So sad. 

When I get old someone please SMACK me upside the head if I get mean and whiny & crotchety! No one likes a boring, old person but what people don't like more than that is an old person who hates life and is always complaining. When you're young your mother usually teaches you whining and boobing is NOT acceptable!!!! And so you stop and mature (usually--not the case for everyone --crazy, I know) So WHY go back to that? Be a happy person for the next generation! 
I get life isn't always fun especially when you're about to go to the other side, but can't you 
just be sassy and fun and happy like Sister Ensign!!!! Oh how I love her !!!! When I get old I wanna be like her :) I'm gonna try to get a picture with her soon :) But for real -- no matter what walk of life you are in-- be HAPPY! Let the sunshine in your soul SHINE for the whole world to see (Matthew 5:14-16) Don't be a Negative Nelly ! It DOESN'T help you & it CERTAINLY DOESN'T help other people. 

A Lady we met tracting  said I remind her of Sadie from Duck Dynasty πŸ˜πŸ˜‚πŸ‘― idk if she meant it as a  compliment or not, but  Sadie--she's gorgeous.  So I took it as a compliment. haha 

Stalker skills pay off well as a missionary πŸ˜¬πŸ˜‚πŸ˜Š and it's great my  brain is so random cause I notice things ppl don't usually.  I Should be in the CIA after the mission πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ jk jk not for me. 

(DRUG DEALER ON LOSE) 
Joe--African American man from inner city of Chicago.  He's funny! He's one of the guys I wrote about a few weeks ago who was cussing  up a storm so much cause he was tripping that we were out spreading the gospel and how amazing our parents must be to be teaching us to do this kinda thing cause most kids wouldn't be doing this haha --all his words ! He said " OH MAN THESE SISTAS GONNA CONVERT ME!" cause we've been VERY persistent in wanting to share this wonderful message with him that'll change his life ! He always says, "WOW. ITS THE SISTAS, SISTA Γ„LLOWITZ & SISTA SMIF.  SEEING Y'ALL MADE MY DAY!" OH MY GOSH Y'ALL, he's a hilarious person, a crazy investigator.  He is supposedly a drug dealer (according to his crazy neighbor lady whose probably a rat dog fighter cause her dog looked like it had been stripped of all its hair and beat up & the lady looked kinda sketchy too). So Joe is always so  sketchy cause he talks everything up and makes it seem so great -- for example-- scheduling us to come and teach him a lesson but then he doesn't show up and says something came up. It's always something different.  When he has company over he's always really weird. Haha Sister Smith and I came to the conclusion he could very well be a drug dealer πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚He lives in a ghetto part of town. He's also so secretive about his life and details. Man y'all I just wish you could all see him! He's funny. I love people like him. CRAZY! 

We Went to Chamber of Commerce  to get some service opportunities and the lady said, "idk if you have access to computers @ the convent." πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ I was DYING inside!  I'm like, "hello I'm not a nun!" Lol--some people's children!  We tried to explain that we aren't nuns.  idk if she got it haha 

A few weeks ago we were tracting and met this guy who said he was a part of the Catholic Church.  He said, "yeah have you seen the blue nuns? I take care of the landscape at that church." My comp was so confuzzled, but I had seen nuns with blue head things and dresses. So I said, "oh yeah I know what church you're talking about!" My comp looked at me like we were talking about smurfs or something. Afterwards Sis Smith was dying laughing as I explained to her about the "blue nuns". Haha, who knows--there could be Smurfs here.  This is the melting pot in chi-town! πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ It was just so funny how he referenced them as blue nuns. It's like that "blue man" song? Haha Man I wish they made smurf emojis !  

Sis MERKLE (the one in the picture) has been super less active for years now! Sister Smith and I have been stopping by every so often to teach her.  When we first met her 2 months ago,  she was not wanting to come back for various reasons and wasn't very happy.  But HOLY COW -- now she's soooo happy! This part of the Lords vineyard is growing !!!! I'm telling y'all--these part member families and less actives are jackpot! It may not seem like it right now, but they'll be coming back soon:) 

It's been so fun, as a missionary, seeing people change and remember the things they once knew about the Savior and who they are. It's been cool seeing them come from drowning in the waters in the great and spacious  building, and then  remembering their Lifeguard walks on water and as they've used the Atonement in their lives and fully repented and changed...they're back at the tree of life:).  We at times need to remember!  Reach our for the Lord's hand. Pray and ask for help. He WILL help you! The Atonement is there for us to use...not just once, but for our ENTIRE LIVES!!! Use it!  I promise y'all it's never ever ever too late to come back! GO NOW ! 

Some cool scrips I liked this week: 
2 Nephi 31:19-21---> Christ is THE WAY--he brings hope--> FEAST upon words of Christ 

Jacob 2: 8 -- word of God (Atonement) it DOES heal wounded souls if and when we use it :) we have to be willing to use it! 

Jacob 2:18-- DONT SEEK FOR WORLDLY THINGS! SEEK for Kingdom of God = REAL treasure & riches cause it brings happiness 

(STRIPES BANNED FOREVER--SISTERS PURSUED BY OLD MAN)
During the in-between sessions of General Conference, the ward had a  potluck & an old creepy single guy in ward said, "I wanted to compliment you on wearing stripes. Only about 1 woman in a 1000 can pull off stripes. And you are that one woman."  OK BARF. BARF. EXTRA BARF. 
Needless to say I'm debating wearing stripes EVER again πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚...thank you creepy dude in ward for that comment that you could've kept to yourself ! 

I'm still feeling kinda inadequate, cause I don't feel like I know much about the lessons we teach. But I'm learning and growing bit by bit and step by step. God will help me I know because the Savior is on my left and my right helping & guiding me, for without Him I wouldn't be able to do the things I do. I am NOT alone. I have a firm testimony of the Savior's unchanging and forever love for me. He is my brother and best friend. Regardless of what life throws me, I can have confidence and the peace that the Savior Jesus Christ will ALWAYS be there for me! I KNOW I CAN ALWAYS count on him! And that brings me so much peace and comfort. I know he loves each of u as well. Have y'all felt the love for you that's sent down from heaven? Hope u felt it as YOU watched conference! And throughout ALL times of your life. Hopefully everyday you feel the Savior and God's  love for each and EVERYONE of y'all cause it's there. You just gotta find it! 
If you are answering NO then looks like u need to pray and ask for Heavenly Father to help you find it cause it's there--I PROMISE you it is! 

YALL EXPECT MIRACLES. THEY HAPPEN. THEY COME DAILY. OPEN YOUR EYES AND EARS & HEARTS.  DON'T BE BLIND TO THE LORD'S GIFTS OF DAILY LOVE FOR YOU!!! NOW GO & DO. That Seems too hard? .... Well, I recently heard about this thing called "Drops of awesome" from my Grandma Christensen. It's where you look for the small things that were awesome in the day. For example, the sun shining or someone saying hello to you or getting to eat a corndog for lunch or getting a blizzard!  Each day may not be awesome but there's some "awesome" everyday !  I WANNA INVITE each of you to look for the drops of awesome this week, cause they add up to be the miracles ! They're there--no lie! 

We met some great people this last week who we really feel we were lead to. I know it in my body and soul we were less to them. We don't have any lessons set up yet but we talked to them a little and got their info and gave them ours. 
We will be in contact with them soon. 

Met guy who was sooo happy to learn about gospel. Such a happy guy--Duane. We called to double check & u COULD just feel the smile on his face through phone. He's awesome. And go figs...Berts daughter knows him & she lives in Idaho. When 1st met he talked about knowing Mormons & wanting to know more. Met him while stopping by potential. Ppl...TIMING IS EVERYTHING! 

One guy we met said he's been searching for the truth for a few years now & he doesn't wanna be deceived anymore. Oh boy, isn't that perfect timing?!  I am excited for the opportunity to teach these people and the unplanned opportunities I've seen to share the gospel with people. Even more, the excitement and joy I've felt and received as I've taken the time to talk to these wonderful people, even if it means walking really fast to catch them or having some awkward moments of waiting for people to get out of their cars or quiet their dogs. How great the knowledge of knowing I talked to everyone I could to share the gospel with.  It's been so wonderful! 

I love being a missionary even admist the hard and stressful days. Before I know it my time as a full time missionary will be over. And at the end I hope to be able to say "O YES,  I served with ALL my heart, might, mind, and strength to bring in a bountiful harvest in the ICWM. As I qualified myself for the work with faith, hope, Charity, and love...with an eye single to the glory of God. And with faith, virtue, knowledge, temperance, patience, brotherly kindness, godliness, Charity, humility, and diligence, as I called upon the powers of heaven to inspire me in the work ....I Left it all on the court, I did my best because I gave it all I had. " 

Thank you THANK YOU THANK YOU to all who have written me letters and fun emails and sent me fun packages !!!!! Sorry if I haven't gotten back to you personally or thanked you for reals yet! Just know it's coming!!! I wish I had days to write all y'all cause I seriously LOVE IT ! But I only have a little time to do so each Monday, so I'm sorry it might take awhile for me to get back to you but please know I PROMISE I will even if it takes forever :) Thanks agin for all Y'ALLS support! I am seriously blown away by the many many ways I've been supported while out here and felt your love and kindness to me. Thanks again for your love and patience :) 

PURA VIDA!!!! 
LOVE ALWAYS -- Seester Γ„llowitz from Chi-Town❤️

❤️ love Seester Γ„llowitz
1319 Butterfield Rd. #552 
Downers Grove, IL 60515

No comments:

Post a Comment