Friday, April 15, 2016

April 11, 2016

BEST ICE CREAM EVER 
😍❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️πŸ‘ŒπŸΏπŸ‘ŒπŸΏπŸ‘ŒπŸΏπŸ‘ŒπŸΏπŸ‘πŸΏπŸ‘πŸΏπŸ‘πŸΏ
This is THE CELESTIAL ice cream place !!!



ICWM is the best! 
Thanks Kimmer for the collage!!


The district


I GRADUATED ... No longer a greenie πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜‰πŸ‘πŸΏ




ALL HAIL BREAKS LOSE IN FREEPORT 
Local prison inhabitants break lose ..... Haha jk I wish! 
For reals: 
Geez it was HAILING A STORM this week. Tons of it! AND there's been drama and stuff just like life throws at you at times... but it's all good now. Hopefully all the HAIL will be done for now! 

"What a coincidence" haha.  This is the fortune I got this last week in the middle of all the crap and drama that happened. Isn't Heavenly Father funny ;).   I feel like this fits really well!

 








I wanted y'all to know I've been chosen to sing a solo for Elder Martino when he comes on Wednesday for a mission tour! This is some scary stuff !!!!! I'm stoked !!!! Sister Griffin just knew I was the sister for the job πŸ˜Š

Y'ALL, I PUT A SOLID INVESTIGATOR ON DATE! MAY 21 is gonna be awesome!  Eric is gonna be baptized!!!!! 
#memberhijackedlesson
#mombewaitinginthespiritworld
#letsdunkhim 

Arianna & Darien (Ambers grandkids) baptism coming up this Saturday, April 16!!!  I'm pumped!!!  I'll be singing with the kids for a special musical number .... Oh boy! ... Me and my singing skills. Time to whip my singing skills back out haha jk

Cool scripture I found this week:
Jacob 4:3-- be grateful for scrips! These ppl worked DILIGENTLY for you and I to have it.  We should REJOICE & be happy about the scriptures!!! 

Idk if already said it .... GOONIES day ... Rainy days are my GOONIES days..... This is my time here in Illinois!!! MY TIME TO GIVE ALL I GOT TO THE LORD  & his vineyard here that he's entrusted me with. 

During a dinner teaching lesson, all of a sudden the guy starts playing video and crying as he talks about how grateful he is for me and Sister Smith. WOW! Tender mercy...someone actually tells us they appreciate us instead of ragging on us for what they think we aren't doing. I KNOW it isn't about me but it's certainly nice to know people can see our efforts as missionaries and as a flipping human being. 
I mean HELLO we are 19 & 20 so BACK OFF WILLIS!!!! We are doing the best we can here! Thank you to host member. 

Funny moment... 
Guy at the store asked if Sis Smith and I were sisters.  I said, "yes we are!"...all smiling and excited cause I thought he saw our name tags and knew about the church. Hah psych.   He thought we were legit sisters, and I totally lied to him on accident....Oops! I didn't know how to explain that to him haha. 

Way in the country there was this bigger guy who answered the door. Me and my comp both looked @ each other and said, "oh no"  I didn't laugh while giving him a card and talking about the church.   I was impressed with myself, cause I thought I was gonna totally lose it. Haha. All these people who answer the door without clothes on crack me up. And also make me wanna barf πŸ˜·πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

It's so interesting how many diff kinds of ppl u can meet in a small, dinky town and all the small towns around it.  I've loved the people I've met.  They're all so cool and different and come from different places.  It's so legit. 

Sis Davis, one of our members,  is neighbors with a family whose related to Sargent from "Forest Gump".  He got movie filmed out there last summer or something. Sunshine from "Remember the Titans" is the main guy in Pearl City, IL.  I cannot remember the name but it's legit. 

Found that even though sometimes (most) times I wanna take naps during meals at apt when possible... I feel sooo much more rejuvenated and excited about life when I'm doing stuff around apartment like cleaning or serving comp a small way (ex: make her bed, write funny note, etc). I'll tell you what...SERVICE gives you energy like nothing else ! 
Freeport "wanted" electronic billboards. Cracks me up!  Don't worry I be packin' my BofM's ---I don't need no guns πŸ˜‰πŸ˜

"Beach Boys" coming May 12... Too bad I can't go haha. 

Lady who feeds us said she's glad she can expect me to get seconds and I can always have more than 2nds if I want it. But she basically EXPECTS me to eat 2nds.... Oh no .... Specifically said if I took 3rds it'd be great.... Yup I've gained like 1000 pounds ... Wahoo! What a privledge to gain so much weight. Some kids don't even get that ... Should've been an hermana jajaja.  I kinda wanna smack myself now for setting such a lofty expectation for myself of eating so much food ...Never again will I say, "go big or go home"!   A member awhile ago fed us 3 or 4 servings of spaghetti.  I ate the whole thing...thought I would explode afterwards. It was great food just too much for me!  But I wanted to prove I could eat it. Yeah I got the stubborn  genes. Not good sometimes. That's what happens when u grow up with only bros...U become a bottomless pit! My next area I'm NOT gonna do that! 


Funny street names  I've seen: 
Tiger Whip Rd 
Sleezer Home Rd 
Hooker Ln 

I saw Carter Motors --so cool, Carter, u got your own place:) 


Y'all don't be raggin' on ppls missions now... You try going somewhere you've never been, with comps you never met, and ppls eternal salvation in your hands.  Seriously, it's tough stuff!  So back off Willis!  Be nice. 


We Got to make dinner for Bert and Joey. We Made German pancakes and coconut  syrup.  It was DELISH!!!! I was wayyy nervous cause we talked it up so much, so it had to be super awesome or else it would be lame.  But it was awesome!  They said they want the recipes and they'll be adding them to their favs. They were blown away by the pancakes and syrup!  It made me feel SUPER good:) 

Missionary term of week: eternigator-- someone whose been investigating the church FOREVER .... Meaning years!!! 

Also about me singing a solo for Elder Martino on Wednesday .... Yeah it's a little late for Aprils fools, but .... Hah jk. I'll be singing with other missionaries together in the ICWM choir for Elder Martino's visit! Sister Griffin asked me to join! So my comp and I are gonna do it!  I'm soooo excited! I better look my best I guess:) Haha y'all thought I was crazy doing a solo in front of a member of the First Quorum of the 70. Hah, don't worry...we're all in this together...me and all the other missionaries I mean:)  Yeah if they had asked me to do a solo, I would've told them they were crazy too. πŸ˜‚   I'm soooo excited to be apart of this crazy fun day!!! 

MIRACLES:
Donna--our plans fell through, so we put her in as back up.  Comp wasn't sure if we should see her.  I said,  "yes we should".  We went to see her, and it was perfect cause she's had some really hard stuff happen recently.  She said she was glad to see us.  Lesson learned: listen to promptings...soooo important cause you never know how it will really help someone soooo much!!!!  It made me feel good that I was able to hear, recognize, and then ACT on the promptings from Heavenly Father. 

We had to get to a lesson we COULD NOT be late to.  We came up to the stop sign and there was a train coming.  We BARELY made it past the train! We Got there on time to our lesson! God is so on our side always...and especially that day!!!! 

We had mission wide fast for people's hearts to be softened and to be opened. More Miracles are coming people. I know it! We WILL get 1000 baptisms this year in the ICWM!!!!! 


Thanks again for the supourt and fun updates on all Y'ALLS lives! I love being involved!!! Thanks for letting me be a part of your lives even if I'm 1000 miles away. Y'all stay rad now:) 

Your one and only Chicagonian, 
Seester Γ„llowitz 
(the 2nd) 




❤️ love Seester Γ„llowitz 
1319 Butterfield Rd. #552 
Downers Grove, IL 60515

No comments:

Post a Comment