Tuesday, June 6, 2017

June 5, 2017


Oooooh well hello. Are you SOSing? Well I SURE Sister AM. ONE WEEK LEFT.  It's sooo unreal to me, because I feel like a brand new missionary in soooo many ways. On the other  hand,   I feel like I've been a missionary FOREVER. Missions are the BEST THING ever cause it really prepares you for life. My mission has given me so much more than life ever could on its own. It's forced me to let go of my old self and become NEW, FRESH, DIFFERENT.  It's, most importantly, helped me become the person my spirit has longed to become, but that my natural woman wouldn't allow until the last 18 months of my life. God is so good. I'm soooo grateful the mission age changed when it did, because I know this was definitely MY TIME to serve a mission. 




Interesting moment this week:  we met a lady who said she believed in Satan. It was quite the experience. It went a little like this : 
Me: We are missionaries from the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. We teach about Jesus Christ. Do you believe in Jesus Christ ? 
Her: No. I believe in Satan
Me: okay, well have you always believed in Satan? 
Her: no 
Me: okay, well this message we share is important and will help you find the light that this world fails to offer. 
Her: ummmm no I gotta get back to Satan. 
(slams door) 
 It was so weird cause you could literally feel Satan in her apartment. I've met people with countenances who are so dark. She was one. It's kinda scary cause you read of that in the Book of Mormon. But you don't really get it until you witness it in someone. WHOA!



There's a blind member in the ward who we have been visiting on a weekly basis, because she just needs lots and lots of love. She has told us a lot of her story. She has been abused physically and mentally. She's definitely been through a refiners fire. My heart aches for her. I can only imagine what Jesus felt when he was in Gethsemane. I have come to really see people as God sees us. I know we can do this if we simply listen and put ourselves in their shoes for a small moment. 



I can honestly say I've never felt nearer to God than on my mission. Never felt nearer to HIM than through the Book of Mormon. If you are struggling to know how YOU can come closer to Jesus Christ the answer is so SIMPLE: READ THE BOOK OF MORMON. PICK IT UP.  PONDER IT.  ACTUALLY READ IT. 

Nearer, My God, to Thee
1.
Nearer, my God, to thee,
Nearer to thee!
E’en though it be a cross
That raiseth me.
Still all my song shall be
Nearer, my God, to thee,
Nearer, my God, to thee,
Nearer to thee!
2.
Though like the wanderer,
The sun gone down,
Darkness be over me,
My rest a stone,
Yet in my dreams I’d be
Nearer, my God, to thee,
Nearer, my God, to thee,
Nearer to thee!
3.
There let the way appear,
Steps unto heav’n;
All that thou sendest me,
In mercy giv’n;
Angels to beckon me
Nearer, my God, to thee,
Nearer, my God, to thee,
Nearer to thee






Other super interesting  things: 
  • we got to witness a Swahili baptism & confirmation. My life is now complete. Haha. God knows me so well, he sent me to MY PEOPLE. He could've sent me to Africa, but he sent me to Rockford cause my people are here too 

  • HAHAHAHA, oh my my my .... we were on exchanges in Byron with the Sisters in this weird town called OREGON.  We talk to everyone, of course, so we saw a man and his daughter walking on a super hot sunny day. We start talking to them and find out .... this hippy, ponytail man is a crazy ghostbuster (yes. He legit goes into people's houses and gets rid of their "evil spirit ghosts". I've always wanted to meet one. Ha.) who is a "whicken" (which simply means they believe in nature and a bunch of other weird which craft stuff, and they worship it). And he believes in aliens, and that we are breeded from aliens. "My inside out people".
However, one thing he did say that hit me was,  "hell is what we create inside ourselves". I thought that was cool because it's true. Hell is basically a place of great suffering and pain. And most often we or others make mistakes, and it makes us feel like we are in hell. We create hell by REALLY REALLY STUPID CHOICES OR we can create happiness and light by CHOOSING THE RIGHT. but .... only thing is...THE CHOICE IS UP TO YOU...so choose wisely. 

  • We were calling through some of our former investigators. Which simply means they've met with missionaries in the past but have been what we call "given back to the Lord for a time" until they're ready. We called this man named Joe. Haha it went a little like this: us: "hey is this Joe? 
Joe: ummmmm, may I ask whose speaking? 
Us: this is the Sister missionaries from the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. 
Joe: oh you've got the wrong number! 
Us: well what a lucky day it is for you, because we share a message about Jesus Christ. We would love to share it with you today. Are you available at 4 today? 
Then he hung up. Haha. Best rejection this week  haha. Some peoples children.  

  • We went to visit a less active member.  Right after she asked where we were both from, she said, "oh I knew you were from Texas. Cause your boots and your necklace. You just look like a Texan!" I was dying 😂

  • ha.... so it was too good to be true. A bird pooped on me while we were teaching Brandy and her family in their backyard. I was like WILLIS YOURE JOKING? Haha. We all laughed pretty hard. And then when we get in the car Sister Mühlestein laughed at me the whole way home and said, "they just poop on the sweetest things".  haha. 


  • The nail lady thought I was from Poland or some European country because of how I look and talk lol .. she said " hey you from Europe? You so pretty!  When you going back to your home country?"  I'm still dying about this 😂#europeblood
  • another nail lady  was from Portland and she was giving me ideas on fun things to do there.  She asked, do you like beer? "oh no,  I don't drink alcohol. But I LOVE cheese, and I've heard alcohol and cheese usually go together. You could tell she was confused. 
  • I got to do role play in Spanish with an hermana. So cool! My Spanish is improving! 
  • A member Sis. Dinenedetto, said this in response to someone telling her I'm from Texas, "oh yeah, Texans are strong. Don't mess with them. They can do anything!"  She needed my help, because I'm a Texan. Haha. These Rockford people are cracking me up left and right. Haha 




Lessons I was reminded of this week : 
  • Ether 6:3--- God doesn't leave us in darkness alone. 
3 And thus the Lord caused stones to shine in darkness, to give light unto men, women, and children, that they might not cross the great waters in darkness.

We've been struggling to know what to do next with some of our part member families, because they're in hard boats right now. We were inspired to fast. It was so cool to be reminded that fasting is a great source of help. We didn't wanna fast on an easy day, so we fasted on Saturday when we didn't have dinner until 7:30 with a member. I thought it was gonna be super rough, but it was cool to see God's help in it all. Haha, After you  just wanna eat everything.  After our fast, we had 2 dinners 😳😂#yousureimnotreallyanhermana? 




  • Matthew 6:19-22 --- treasures of heaven. What might a treasure of heaven be? What are the treasures to you? How do you show God they're a treasure? 


  • God blessed me w/ the ability to make ppl laugh, even if it's simply by my laugh or something I say or do. I'm so grateful for opportunity to leave ppl better than I found them, even if it's by small and simple means. People  say Sis. Muhlestein, and I are hilarious. We are pretty funny together.  Ppl tell me they love my laugh, cause it makes them laugh so it's pretty contagious. That's good cause laughing is what I do best. 😂😂😂😂 like literally , for all who know me, know it's true. 

* We had a mini missionary. Our mini missionary said she was super grateful for us and all she learned. She said she had a great time. It was cool cause it made me flashback to when I was in Cali and Sister Monson & Sister Egbert had me come out with them to teach investigators, and tract, and prepare for my mission. It totally changed my outlook and my choice to serve a mission. I still look up to them a lot and so it was cool to have the opportunity to "pay it forward" in a way, by giving that opportunity to someone else. 



MIRACLES :
  • Cindy dinner:  I Felt SOOOOO terribly  inadequate, because Cindy is the member wife of a way inactive member. She had some super deep questions about the priesthood. We studied for a couple weeks on it and came over for dinner and a lesson. We prepared by God's hand and by fasting. She said NO ONE HAS EVER BEEN ABLE TO ANSWER MY QUESTION ABOUT WHY WOMEN DON'T HOLD THE PRIESTHOOD AND SHOWN ME IN THE BIBLE.  Because Sister Mühlestein is so amazing when it comes to the Bible, we were able to answer her question...and show her by using the Bible & Book of Mormon. She was stunned. We didn't even bash. We simply let the scriptures teach her through the Spirit. I felt so at peace leaving her with that. The Spirit does calm us and help others listen to us. God calls only the weak and simple,  and yet I know we are strong when we RELY FULLY on Christ.  I seriously witnessed it. 
  • Jim  Dean, our investigator we've been teaching for awhile said, "I really appreciate you two. I'm so blessed to know you."  While teaching the Plan of Salvation he said he didn't know about 3 kingdoms.  "I've been reading this book (The Bible) my whole life. Why haven't I heard this before? I've met all kinds of ministers and preachers and people from churches, and no one has ever been able to answer my questions or teach me so much as you two girls have. And you're 20. I can't believe it. It just amazes me. And you leave your families for 1 1/2 and pay your own way. Just amazing." Again, just another witness that God calls the weak and simple.  I know even though Sister Mühlestein and I have been doing this awhile and even though our teaching skills are good, we couldn't do this alone. It's God by the Spirit teaching this man. Teaching all people around the world. God is so good. I cannot deny this Gospel.  It's so true. 


Love you all. Peace easy. ✌️ be more kind and happy. 

Te quiero mucho , 
Hermana Allowitz 💃 



ALSO, COOLEST THING HAPPENED ..... 
 Todd  & Mickelle drove 2 hours from Morton to take Sister Mühlestein & me to lunch. I love them. They definitely are my soul people!  Todd said "AHHH I JUST WANNA HUG MY SISTERS." He said we really are like his little sisters. These people are for reals the greatest. We had many memories to ponder back on and many laughs shared. #soulPeople image1.JPG

No comments:

Post a Comment