Monday, June 12, 2017

June 12, 2017

Bishop Holden is the greatest! He's definitely a great man who loves
the Lord so much.
I've learned a lot from him. He's hilarious, definitey has the best jokes!
Amber & Scott came for my "farewell" testimony. Haha. AMBER. LOVE HER !!!!! #soulsister
Scott's face ..... now y'all get it! Hahhaahhahahaha



This is Delphine, our 80 year old investigator, who studies the Bible
and other big gospel stuff everyday. She's so knowledgeable about the
gospel & loves the Lord. It's interesting cause she always bags on her
church and how much she knows it isn't true. But when we invite her to
church she says she needs to go to her church ... I just don't get
it. But one day we WILL get her to come to church. I know it !!!!






💜 Sister Mühlestein & Sister Griffin are some of the greatest people I've ever met!!!! 💜Sister Griffin and I are always twinning. Seriously my WHOLE mission we've always coordinated.
Even down to the last day.... 

MY LAST EXCHANGE!!!! #Hermanasforlife
❤❤❤❤I LOVE SISTE MÜHLESTEIN ❤❤❤❤❤
SISTERS CONFERENCE. This was so cool cause ALL the sisters in the misison got together for a special conference. It was super fun, but also WAY exhausting because we had to get up at 4ish to get to Naperville on time AND there were SOOOOO MANY SISTERS ..... oh my gosh , I could hardly handle it 😂😂😂😂😂😂 IS IT BRO TIME YET ?
It was fun training with Sister Mühlestein one last time. She's the best ❤ #bffsforever
❤❤❤PAIGE ANSLEY ❤❤❤ we are DEFINITELY soul sisters !!!! Paige is soooo
strong and such an amazing person! I just love her to pieces. She's
FABULOUS. I was SUPER pumped cause she made Hawaiian haystacks for my
" LAST SUPPER". And it was awesome cause she had never heard of them
before. It was cool to introduce them to her. Oh they were soooo
good ! Seriously Paige is just the greatest. #nuffsaid
JIM DEAN!!!!! He is so awesome. Jim took us to dinner this week at Chili's. He's so great. The waters of baptism are gonna be opening for him soon.... I know it ! :) Jim is totally our adopted grandpa! He takes care of us. Yesterday at our last lesson he said, "hey you watch out now. Be careful. You're going into the world now" and then hit me with his Book of Mormon. Haha. I was dying laughing 😂😂😂😂
I was like, "Jim I'll be fine". Haha.
We went to the Japanese Gardens in Rockford. And it's the 2nd MOST FAMOUS one in the world!
What do you get when you put 2 Hermana's together ???? ...DOUBLE
TROUBLE... double the Spirit. Double the Power. Double the
laughter. Double the ice cream. Double the work. Double the everything
!!!!! #ROCKFORDCANTTAKEUS Twins ???? Yeah, everyone asks if we are twins. It's funny. Haha. I'll take it. I love her like a sister ❤❤❤❤ I'm gonna miss this!!!!
THE BEST DISTRICT IN THE ILLINOIS CHICAGO WEST MISSION!!!!
Left to right:
Me, Hermana Mühlestein, Hermana Lewis , Hermana Alexander, Elder Stewart-Chester, Elder Gubler, Elder Burton, Elder Western

Seriously this couldn't of ended on a better note.... I HAVE HAD A FANTASTIC companion & AWESOME leaders and missionaries !
Us @ the Japanese gardens. 🌺
❤❤❤❤ Sister Hatch ❤❤❤❤
❤❤❤ SISTER Havey ❤❤❤❤
Freeport Sisters! This is the last of us in the mission cause Freeport has been whitewashed with elders. It was soooo good to see Amber again! She taught us all self defense and It was just so fun to have a Freeport Flashback!
It was way funny, cause when I was in Freeport, Scott, Ambers husband, always did this face. Amber and I had a good laugh remembering that ...... it went a little like this .... haha.

AMBER AND I BEING CRAZY ..... we are trouble :)
❤❤ Sister Griffin ❤❤ She's a great Mom Away From Home.
Sister Anderson! It's been fun being a Sister Training Leader over her and remembering our crazy adventures in Bourbonnais. She's gonna be a sister training leader in Morton. She's gonna be great, and she's GOING TO THE BEST WARD IN THE WHOLE MISSION! MORTON HAS THE BIGGEST PIECE OF MY HEART. ❤❤❤ #Peoria=PROMISEDLAND






TELL THE WORLD IM COMIMG HOME. THE SKY IS FALLING. 
2012?  DAY AFTER TOMORROW. 



It's been a great last week y'all. I cannot even believe it's over. I feel like I just stepped off the plane into cold Chicago, Illinois yesterday. Time flies. It's been a GREAT year and a half. I love this gospel with ALL OF MY HEART. I couldn't imagine my life without it. 


Here's some last words from this week ..... 

HERMANA EXCHANGE 
  • I've NEVER FELT SO FRUSTRATED IN MY LIFE....I felt like I needed this to feel and understand WHAT Kimmer and Kieran have and will feel on their missions. I feel So much more  connected to them and others because of it. 
  • Lol.... we had this lesson and the member asked if we wanted water.  "Agua would be awesome! Thanks." She brings out a super weird  oatmeal drink. Have you ever drunk oatmeal? Me neither...it's quite interesting. Haha. 

Another sisters exchange
  • I've had a STRONG DESIRE since day 1 in the field to teach with such STRONG power and authority like I've seen other super stellar missionaries do. It's something I've so intensely desired, but feel sooooo far from it. Then a cool thing happened...  
  • A sister was struggling.  She sat there and expressed all of these things she's struggling with. I just kept listening. I honestly had NO idea what to say or do to help this sister. Then the words came. I opened my mouth.... 2 hours later she said, with tears running down her cheeks, "I want you to know how inspired and lead by the Spirit you are. I needed to hear that. I've been having those words come to mind lately, but didn't know what to do.  Because you said them, it's a witness to me that's what I need to do and God's aware of me." WHOA YALL I CAN'T EVEN. 
  • WE HAD one last training @ Sisters Conference.   We invited the sisters to get on their knees, and ask God if HE is pleased with the work they've done while on their missions. We did it too.  I have rarely gotten answers right away. Mine usually come through other ppl.  So cool cause even though my answers didn't come right away, I had a few sisters write me notes that day that expressed different things I've helped them with in different ways that they'll forever remember. It hit me soooooooo hard, because some of them I hardly knew. But THAT was my answer .... GOD IS PLEASED. I'm honored to have had this gift. I'm still working on looking deep within myself for my talents, but I know they're there. God loves me. And he loves you. 



Sisters Conference 
  • This was a cool conference just with the sisters and  cool trainings and devotionals just to help us. I was like, "oh no. SOS.  SOS."  There were sooooo  many hugs and sisters saying "I LOVE YOU" 1000x.  So I tried something new. Haha. Handshakes. It's funny cause the sisters all looked at me weird and I just said,  "oh we are trying something new in the mission".  I was like "HEY SISTERS, it's still a hug --just with your hands. It's basically the same thing haha." 
  • A couple Sisters sang this beautiful melody of "Come Thou Fount & Hie to Kolob" .... oh my goodness, I was trying to stay strong, but I bawled.There I sat in the Naperville stake center where it (my mission) all began .....little did I know 1 1/2 ago where I would go or who or what I'd become. God has definitely molded me into someone I never thought I could become. I've overcome the mountains and trials the past year and a half. So now I can do anything. 


Funny moment

  • Sis. Mühlestein sprained her ankle SUPER bad. It is so bruised and blue and purple. She hurt it good! Wanna hear the story???? Here it goes....
So we were street contacting in downtown Rockford and there's this guy who comes to us at gunpoint and yells HAND ME YO' STUFF! And we weren't gonna do that so we just book it running. And since I'm the driver, and Sister Mühlestein being the AMAZING companion she is told me to just keep running and get the car started. I told her I couldn't leave her behind, but she insisted. So I booked it. And as I get to the car, I look back and Sister Mühlestein tripped over a huge broken sidewalk. She jumps up and the guy is still running after us. She jumps up and runs and jumps in the car. 
We drive off and are safe. 
....
HAHA , psych. Don't worry , even though Rockford is sketchy and mini Compton it's not that crazy.  😂 What really happened you may be asking? We were exercising at the gym at church, and she jumped off the stage and hit her foot wrong. I couldn't tell if she was laughing or crying. A little of both. She's such a trooper to keep going even when she hurt herself super bad. I love sister Mühlestein !!!! She's so hilarious.  



The church is true. I know what I've been doing for the past year and a half is true and important! I know God loves his missionaries and that he watches out for them. 
Keep centering Christ in your life daily! Jesus. He lives. He loves you all. 




I just wanna say thanks so much for all ya'lls love and support this last 18 months !!!  I definitely couldn't have done it without you all. 
Love YOU ALL! I'll see y'all soon. 

Once a missionary FOREVER a missionary,
Hermana K. Ällowitz 




No comments:

Post a Comment