Monday, December 12, 2016

December 12, 2016

So coolest thing happened last night. We had 2 lessons planned last
night with investigators and they fell through. As all great
missionaries do, we had some solid back up plans. We had planned
to go visit Brother Ferrin and share the Christmas initiative and just
let him know we are thinking of him. He would be really active but
can't because he is very sick at a Veteran's
Home. We happened to have Brother Beyer and Brother Arellano
with us. And they're both wonderful priesthood holders and were able
to give Brother Ferrin a blessing and the sacrament , which
he hasn't had in a very long time. He doesn't have many visitors.
I wish y'all could've been in that room last night because the spirit was SO strong. And it was one of the first couple
times for Bro. Arellano to be able to have this opportunity, because he
just recently joined the church, with lovely Sister
Metcalf. Seriously I cannot even fully describe how amazing this was.
One of the greatest experiences I've ever had.
Bro. Sadoff and his mom, Shirley, and us helping at the "What About Bob" bingo facility. They're awesome!
MY HAPPY PLACE. πŸŽ„ is Christmas. Remember now, YOU'RE NEVER fully dressed without a little bit of sparkle, a lil' bit of sass, and a smile 😊
SISTER BEYER BOUGHT US A TREE πŸŽ„πŸŽ„πŸŽ„πŸŽ„πŸŽ„πŸŽ„❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
#happysisters.
Sister Jagielskis first ever real tree..... She's NEVER had a real one. So that's cool cause SOME KIDS DON'T EVEN HAVE TREES.
#unplanned, these ladies are awesome!
Oh Sister Irvin, she's an amazing person. Seriously ONE in a MILLION kinda person. She's basically my mom because she takes such great care of us.
I LOVE OUR CHRISTMAS TREE 😻
GO LIGHT SOMEONES WORLD TODAY AND EVERYDAY. D&C 6:36 "Look unto me in every thought; doubt not, fear not." I know as we look unto HIM in EVERYTHING then we can have peace and know everything will be ok, even if it doesn't seem that way.
Tt may be SUPER cold here, but the sky is my friend πŸ˜»πŸ‘ŒπŸΎ ESPECIALLY
when the sun is out. 🌞
#youaremysunshinewhencloudsaregrey❤️🌞🌞🌞
If any of y'all wanna know how I'm doing .... Here it is ..... This is the BEST way to describe it.
How many Pollocks does it take to put up a Christmas tree....?
Or ..... Move a huge sofa into a room with a door that it won't fit through? Is it even possible you might ask ???...
Answer = OH YEAH.
#missionaccomplished CHRISTMAS IS AROUND THE CORNER. CAN YALL EVEN BELIEVE IT? Ha yeah I can't either.
Question is though ....

HAVE YOU BEEN NAUGHTY?.....or Have you been nice?
Don't worry, repentance is a real thing. You know you're getting old when your trainer goes home in a week ....
It's crazy to think I am where I am right now where she was when she
trained me or pretty close atleast.... Stephen Beyer, his wife Jessica, and their precious baby Judith Eve.
Stephen served his mission with Kieran in the same mission! Such a cool connection... THANKS KIERAN FOR SERVING A MISSION!!!!
I know that Heavenly Father has blessed me on my mission to REALLY KNOW that this is MY MISSION & that it's where HE NEEDS me because of all these cool connections I've had.
I really am my mothers daughter and I love it. πŸ˜‚
Also they're coming out to BYU-I, so my peeps out there, look out for my Illinois pals. Take great care of them for me now !


I love this scripture because it reminds me that even in my darkest times the Lord really has brought me into the light. I love the Savior so much! I love that I get to be his full time servant all the time. 
Alma 26:3
3 Behold, I answer for you; for our brethren, the Lamanites, were in darkness, yea, even in the darkest abyss, but behold, how many of them are brought to behold the marvelous light of God! And this is the blessing which hath been bestowed upon us, that we have been made instruments in the hands of God to bring about this great work.




One of the members on Sunday said, "You gotta get outta the way and let the Lord do his work through you." I really loved that because we may not always wanna do what He's asked or we may not know what to do, BUT I know we need to humble ourselves and let go of what we can't control and be happy and help others. 

I know this gospel is true. I know Christmas is all about Jesus cause He's the One and Only Way. I love Him. I love this gospel. KEEP DOING THE 25 ways in 25 days!!!!  It's the best. You'll be happier. I promise. 

Sincerely, 
Hermana Karigan Γ„llowitz


No comments:

Post a Comment