Monday, September 5, 2016

Sept 5, 2016

ME AND SIS. HAVEY ❤️
NAUVOOOOO
Me and Sis. Mühlestein ❤️
Sis. Willes, Carlson, Doty, Mühlestein, Havet, and me.
( left to right )



ALWAYS LOOK TOWARDS THE TEMPLE. 👀👀👀👀👀
I LOVE SIS. MÜHLESTEIN ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

Nauvoo Temple!!! I'm here!





Fudge anyone? It's celestial fudge.
I LOVE JOSEPH SMITH AND JESUS.




Joseph smith is the man! Carthage !!!
This shirt was so for me! Kieran is straight outta Compton and I'm straight outta Chicago and NAUVOO and everyone in between!




I scream you scream we all scream for ice cream -- love y'all.




Illinois sunsets seriously beautiful !!!! #marrymehere haha jk
We be picking some apples. #hardcoreworkers



Our friends.  I know all their names.  Aren't they Beautiful1  I love them!
Pictures of Nauvoo, IL



I love Morton!
Our mini missionary Sis. Anderson. She's awesome!
Bishop Mehr and his wife. Absolutely love them ❤️❤️❤️

MISSISSIPPI RIVER. YES, WE TOUCHED IT.
Pioneer Memorial




Hello my pals. Sorry I wasn't here last week. I was in NAUVOO. In the promised land of the pioneers. I was fan-girling pretty hard. It was awesome. I love the history here. 

Sis. Braun gave a talk awhile ago about the early pioneers. 
I absolutely loved it...how they sacrificed so much for us to have the things we have like the CHURCH.  Here's some thoughts I captured: 

*Pray... not for an easy life, but to be strong  
*WHAT AM I GONNA DO TO OVERCOME HARDSHIPS or weakness? 
*HOW CAN I DO BETTER NEXT TIME?  
*REMEMBER THE SPIRITUAL LEGAGY OF OUR ANCESTORS. 
*It helps us overcome our adversity 
*What is a pioneer...one must ask? 

*Pioneer: one who goes before to make a way for people to follow 
(pioneers past and future )  
*Endured persecution to get the gospel because they KNEW the importance  of the gospel 
*They were Separated from families , hungered, weak, and many died... yet they kept going. Even through the trials they KEPT GOING. 
*They TRUSTED their leaders. 
*WHAT WOULD YOU HAVE DONE ??


*A woman was given an onion to eat when she was STARVING. yet she DID NOT eat it. She gave it to a man who was near death. She saved his life. What an amazing woman. What faith she had. How much Christlike love she had. 

Luke 15:26-- 
Are we willing to pay the price of discipleship ?
ARE YOU GONNA DIE WITH YOUR FACE TOWARDS ZION? 
The choice is YOURS my friends. 
Walk w/ Faith in EVERY STEP. 
WE MUST DISTILL THE FAITH W/in ourselves, our kids & grandkids--the faith pioneers had. 

Today's wilderness IS still hard. So let's STEP IT UP. 
Our struggles may not be the same, but struggles they are. 
WE NEED TO COMMIT TO SERVE THE LORD WITH THE SAME DILIGENCE AND FAITH THAT THE PIONEERS DID. 
WE MUST LIVE OUR RELIGION. 
CONSIDER THE COST of your daily choices & ask yourself : IS IT WORTH IT?
We have to show we CAN resist temptation. 


This hymn is one I've really come to love because it reminds me of all the many hardships and trials the saints went through. I love them all. They're some of my dearest heroes. 

 Israel, Israel, God Is Calling
1.
Israel, Israel, God is calling,
Calling thee from lands of woe.
Babylon the great is falling;
God shall all her tow’rs o’erthrow.
Come to Zion, come to Zion
Ere his floods of anger flow.
Come to Zion, come to Zion
Ere his floods of anger flow.
2.
Israel, Israel, God is speaking.
Hear your great Deliv’rer’s voice!
Now a glorious morn is breaking
For the people of his choice.
Come to Zion, come to Zion,
And within her walls rejoice.
Come to Zion, come to Zion,
And within her walls rejoice.
3.
Israel, angels are descending
From celestial worlds on high,
And to man their pow’r extending,
That the Saints may homeward fly.
Come to Zion, come to Zion,
For your coming Lord is nigh.
Come to Zion, come to Zion,
For your coming Lord is nigh.
4.
Israel! Israel! Canst thou linger
Still in error’s gloomy ways?
Mark how judgment’s pointing finger
Justifies no vain delays.
Come to Zion, come to Zion!
Zion’s walls shall ring with praise.
Come to Zion, come to Zion!
Zion’s walls shall ring with praise.



Some funny things happened these past two weeks ..... I hope y'all enjoy these moments as much as Sister Mühlestein and I did.
NUMERO #1 
We knocked on her door and she actually opened it this time. She said, "I thought I told you last time to not come back. You aren't allowed to knock on the doors to solicit." We told her we just wanted to come by because she's still a member of the church in our records. We miss her and so does the ward. We would love to see her. She said she isn't a member. When we again told her she's in our records. She asked if we could remove her name for her. We told we we cannot and told her the process. She rolled her eyes and said it was too much and she was gonna forget it. We invited her to the ward BBQ and she said she still has something going on that day and tried to hand the flyer back. We told her to keep it so she can remember when to come. We asked what we could do for her--she said nothing. She said she doesn't wanna be contacted by anyone of the church again. 


The NAUVOO temple is so beyond beautiful. The spirit was so strong. I felt my ancestors and angels working on the other side. It felt like home. It is home. A heaven on earth. We journeyed all around NAUVOO. It was great because we had Sis. Slüder as our tour guide. She is so wonderful. I love her. We got so much done in such little time. Here's some cool things we did :
  • toured Carthage jail  where Joseph Smith was killed. The spirit was soooo beyond strong. I was bawling throughout the entire thing. 
  • Fudge factory: has amazing fudge! 
  • We touched the Mississippi River 
  • Grandpas diner: An amazing diner! Went for lunch. They have wicked BLTS! 
  • Blacksmith shop!  We got our prairie rings 
  • NAUVOO temple! Got to do a session! Oh the beautiful temple. A heaven on earth. 
  • Merchandise shop where I got my cool "straight outta NAUVOO" shirt. It cool cause Sis. Mühlestein and I wore our NAUVOO shirts to our service this last Saturday and it was a SPARK of conversation. I tried to talk to this guy about the temple and he kept talking about wine and cheese that he wants to try down there. And yet again I kept trying to tie it back to the temple. Yeah he was so out of it. But I tried. I even gave him a pass along card. 
  • And we saw lots of other church sites and it was so rad. I love NAUVOO. And I love sister Diana Slüder. She is the bomb diggity. If you ever go to NAUVOO get her as your guide. She spoiled us. 



AWESOME THINGS: 
  • Alicia and Tanner Anderson did a duet in sacrament meeting and boy did it blow my mind. #relationshipgoals haha but really though. The spirit was so strong!
  • Mehrs made fantastic meal of ribs 
  • This guy named Eric at Dairy Queen in some random city in Illinois paid for our ice cream.  He said he's a returned missionary and he knows what he it's like to serve a mission. It was so nice. #RMPOWER 


I love you all. I know the church is true. I love being a missionary. 
Missionary work is where it's at. IT'S COOL TO SEE that I'm a pioneer for other people just as the early saint but in a different way. I think it's cool to see that we're all pioneers in our own way. 

Love always -

SISTA KARIGAN ÄLLOWITZ 
STRAIGHT OUT NAUVOO. 










No comments:

Post a Comment