Monday, April 3, 2017

April 3, 2017





Hermana Alexander & I on exchanges. I seriously love her!!!! She's a kindred spirit. ❤
I am very grateful for the Hermana's cause they keep helping me practice my espanõl! Reading the Spanish Book of Mormon is my new favorite thing!
Sister Hatch is the greatest. She's so hip and sassy. I love her. She feeds my soul❤
Sister Hatch reminds me a lot of YOU mom! #tendermercy 



HOW FIRM IS YOUR FOUNDATION? ...... I LOVED LOVED LOVED general conference! Holy cow it's like a basketball game ...people try to talk to me and I'm like ..." WILLIS PLEASE just wait til  half time' Jaja, but really. Ah I just love hearing from the Prophet Thomas S. Monson and the other leaders. I KNOW they're called of God. I have a firm testimony that the things they taught and promised ARE TRUE. I KNOW President Thomas S. Monson IS our latter day prophet upon  the earth today. I love him. I sustain him. He is a man of God. I KNOW IT. 
WEEK OF MIRACLES BRINGS SISTER TO HAVE GREATER JOY 
Miracles : 
  • Melissa & John 
The finding assistants taught us some tips and tricks to talk to more people and find more new investigators. One way they said is when we see people walking their dogs to walk with them.  It's been cool cause we have done this with a lot of people lately. It was funny cause my companion was "wait what?" Haha. I said "yeah it's the coolest thing. It'll be fun." We walked out of a dinner appointment last Monday (in 35-40 mins which is pretty good ..usually it's an hour). As we were walking out we saw this young couple coming  towards us walking their dog. I was smiling so big, cause I knew this meant we HAD to walk with them 😏  We walked with them for about 2 miles or so. They both claimed to be either agnostic/atheist or just not really religious.  It was such a cool experience to help them learn more about what's out there and that God really does love us and that is IS here. We talked a lot about The Book of Mormon and Joseph Smith. We offered them a Book of Mormon.  John said he would read it,  then put it in his library at work. We offered him another one to he could keep but he and politely declined. OH MY GOODNESS it was SO cool! It was definitely one of the most powerful experiences in my life. I am soooo happy sharing the gospel even when it's a hard day or week or months because I get to be a part in bringing Gods children back to him.  That to me is pure happiness. I am grateful for the opportunity to meet them and plant those seeds. Cause y'all know seeds are equally as important because if you don't plant the seeds then how does one expect anything to grow? Exactly!   So when you find yourself planting seeds remember it's VERY IMPORTANT. THE COOLEST PART I think though is the fact that we were originally supposed to go to dinner an hour earlier but the members needed to change the time and then we got out way early of the appointment and then BOOM ...... God placed Melissa and John in our path. WOW , this is the coolest work we could be doing!!!!!!..... I hope y'all see it too. 
  • Lori -- 
So we were in a neighborhood stopping by an investigator and saw a lady outside with her family. We walked over to talk to her.  She's been Catholic her whole life and its family tradition. I felt prompted to ask her, "have you ever wondered why there are so many churches?" She said, "yeah actually I have."  I was sooooo excited cause that lead PERFECTLY into The Restoration & Jospeh Smith story.   we were able to share the 1st Vision with her, and it touched her.  She said she got chills and really felt something. She said she isn't interested right now, but I KNOW she felt something. I KNOW the Spirit touched her heart. I am grateful we were able to be there to catch her, cause she her family were just about to get in their car and drive off. Something I've learned is that "Timing is EVERYTHING" on a mission. 
  • Meg -- 
So we've recently been going through our Area Book to find the Elect and we came across Meg. She's an older lady who only speaks Spanish so it was quite interesting trying to talk to her. 😂 But an even greater miracle was realizing we were gonna have the Hermana's come for exchanges.  Hermana Alexander and I got to go back and try to teach her. She's not interested, but her son was. So that's cool. The Hermana's will be in touch with him. 
  • Julia called to cancel. She didn't have our number so she called the church building! Can you believe that? I've never had an investigator do that. Ha, you know they're serious when they google the church address and phone number. We met her while in a less actives neighborhood. We felt prompted to knock on her door, and she's really solid. She has a lot going on right now with family, and is a wonderful mother who wants to be the very best for her kids. Seriously she's been prepared! 

I WANNA CHALLENGE EACH OF YALL TO LOOK FOR GODS HAND IN YOUR LIFE. LOOK FOR THE MIRACLES.  LOOK FOR WAYS TO SHARE THE GOSPEL THAT AREN'T COOKIE CUTTER. THINK OUTSIDE OF THE BOX. BE BETTER. DO BETTER. THINK OF THINGS YOU'VE NEVER DONE BEFORE. GET OUT OF YOUR COMFORT ZONE. 

LOVE. 
Hermana Ällowitz 

No comments:

Post a Comment